Pollard on kxno right now

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I'd imagine if they advertise it hard for the first game a majority will have masks but like it has elsewhere it will wane off as the season goes on.
If the first game is hot and humid, even the most diehard mask wearers will have trouble keeping that thing on. My face is hot and itchy just thinking about it.

Much different story when its 40 degrees and windy.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Pollard mentions that maybe Peach Bowl could be an option as well for Bowl destination. Hadn't seen that mentioned before.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Pollard mentions that maybe Peach Bowl could be an option as well for Bowl destination. Hadn't seen that mentioned before.
Definitely the least prestigious of the NY6 bowls - after it got promoted from also-ran to big time when they needed another Bowl to go with Rose, Orange, Cotton, Sugar and Fiesta when Playoff plans were developed.

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Good interview, very transparent on MC and blue blood schools or NFL coming after him and how ISU has a limit financially to complete, but can compete culturally in other ways (black unit’s, etc). JP said as much on the Coaches Corner show last night, he mentioned MC has come out of his hole yesterday and today and they talked. About what, I wonder? Nothing has been announced...is that good/bad? Do you think word of an extension would be warranted before the 19th or bowl game...just for recruiting purposes? As others would/should use it against ISU.

Overall, good listen. Very happy JP is with ISU.

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Classic line by Jamie about CMC:

"people write to me all the time saying 'why the hell are we wearing black uniforms?' Well, you told me to give the man whatever he wants, and he wants to wear black uniforms so get over it!"
Yeah that was good. I don't know he he deals with some of the e-mails, tweets, letters, etc. he gets. Far more patient with that stuff than I would be.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Jamie had some good points about stuff we can offer Campbell the blue bloods can’t. No clue if he stays or goes, but If there’s ever a guy that would stay because of the other “stuff”, Matt really seems like that guy.

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
"Black Uniforms cost a heck of a lot less than a $2million dollar raise.." He talked a lot about how simple that keep things and how they try to get Coach anything he wants ASAP. JP knows what he's doing.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
“Think of something in the morning and we’ll make it happen in the afternoon”

God damn, that is a fantastic work environment. Makes me jealous

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

It's always been a possibility. I'm guessing he mentioned it today as a way to keep everything level after so much talk about the Cotton and Fiesta recently.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I felt like Pollard was trying to prep the fanbase for a possible nut kick. I’m a dogged pessimist about these sort of things though