New Uniforms Revealed

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

SEIACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2017
I was very hesitant to put this combo together, but I said what the heck. I actually kind of like it. I have to say it is no worse than the present c/c/w we've been using.

I just wish we had gold as an option. Then we could do something like this and I would feel better about it.
View attachment 72375 View attachment 72376
Our Cardinal Jersey's would look so much better with white numbers like that...

Reactions: Land Shark

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Our Cardinal Jersey's would look so much better with white numbers like that...
Surprisingly the white numbers like this (and gold numbers/wht trim for shoulders)looks very good w/ all-cardinal, and all the other main combos! It would be very nice to have 2 cardinal jerseys, one w/ gold main number, one w/ white. They could go either way depending upon mood, what team they were playing.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I’m all for mixing in some black but it has to done in an original way otherwise leave it out.
I agree, don't want to look like TxTech or somebody else. And fortunately with our black so far, we haven't seen any mixing of the black and cardinal other than b/c/c. I think this is good and I give the staff credit for that insight. It's probably best to keep it that way most of the time.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I've left the black and black/white sets alone for the most part, "from a distance". From afar you shouldn't really be able to tell that I've added a muted red/gray stripe to the pant and shoulder. They could brighten up the red stripe a little I suppose but I don't think they would want to and I felt this was a good compromise. We/they can still have the all-black look that they seem to like.

I just think the black sets need a little red, especially since we are using them so often.

All-black .. CyUni 2021  a1 A1 15- b b b  Blk BlkfaceBBB BlkS.png Black/white.. CyUni 2021  a9 B1 15- w b w  BlkWht BlkfceWB WhtS.png Then if they wanted to add more of our colors in, maybe something like this?... CyUni 2021  a1 A1 15- b b b  StdRdIStHelBlkfceBBB BlkS.png CyUni 2021  a1 A1 92- b b b  RdStikBlkfceRBB BlkS.png CyUni 2021  a1 A1 88- b b b  RdChinRdStikBlkfceRBR BlkS.png CyUni 2021  a9 B1 15- w b w  BlkfceWBRdTxt WtS.png CyUni 2021  a9 B1 58- w b w  BlkfceRdStik WhtS.png CyUni 2021  a9 B1 15- w b w  OrCyRtBlkfceWB BlkTxt WhtS.png

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Did you do a version of the gold/cardinal/gold with gold trim around the white numbers?
This CyUni 2021 c12y G7Pnt3 WWW 42YYYSde- y r y RdfceRRW WtSebad31.png and those others were at the the request of @clonedude who wanted to see a plain white number. I thought that was a great idea but the white only number is a one, or two trick pony only, working well w/ the g/c/g but not so good with other combos.

The gold trimmed white number is better, more versatile and works well w/ other combos.. CyUni 2021 c12y G7Pnt3 ybW 42wbYTop- y r y RdfceRRR G7Sebb434.png CyUni 2021 c12y G7Pnt3 ybW 42wbYTop- y r y RdfceRRW WtSebb434.png Mix in the gold number. Alternating gold and white numbered cardinal jerseys would be a nice variety, and yet is very simple, clean. It's what I'd kind of like to see, rather than going w/ just one cardinal jersey. Also illustrating the two white pants here; one w/o stripe, one with. CyUni 2021 c12y G7Pnt3 rbY2 28bWyTop- y r y RdfceRRB RdSebb434.png CyUni 2021 c7 rbY2B1 28ybWTop- r r w RdfceBRW WtSebb434.png CyUni 2021 c7 ybWA1 42wbYTop- r r w BlkfceRBW WtSebb434.png CyUni 2021 c3y G7Pnt5 rbY2 28ybWTop- y r r RdfceRRR RdSebb434.png CyUni 2021 c2 G7Pnt5 rbY2 28rybWTop- b r r RdfceRRB RdSebb434.png CyUni 2021 c12y G7Pnt3 ybW 42wbYTop- y r y RdfceRRB RdSebb434.png Combos work together well in these examples IMO, as there is dark red and black in the White pant stripe, trace dark red, white and black in the Numbers, and trace white and black in the Nameplate. Also trace white in the Cardinal helmet (other than a white chinstrap).

Last edited:

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Gold jersey modified...darkened the lighter gold on collar, moved the shoulder number..
CyUni 2021 d3 21ybRApx- r y y RdfceRRW RdS.png

Reactions: bgprest

jbru119

Jun 26, 2016
Color suggestions?

When I found this red, I thought it was awesome & the name of it was something like "big barn red", so it seemed appropriate for Iowa State. I've also seen it referred to as "Freedom Red"

The yellow/gold is called "Yellow Sea"

Attachments

• 25.png
    25.png
    644 bytes · Views: 12

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I still think we should have went with a dark gray instead of black for alternates.... somewhat similar to what we had before, but more like the ASU grays below. Black is just too much like Iowa for my liking and gray is more of a "neutral" color.

635482819550182003-1007-fuel.jpg

Cy37

Jan 1, 2018
I know it’s been said a million times but I just don’t see how they don’t go with the Istate and Orrnado logos as the two main logos.
You could mix and match the helmets for each game. Istate on the helmet and orrnado on the chest collar or shoulder pads. Then vise-Versa the next game.
The orrnado looks good in cardinal, gold, black, white, or grey and looks timeless. If you put that logo on a shirt our fanbase would buy the **** out of it.

Sooo much they are missing out on.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I still wonder why we only have 3 colors to choose from in our uniforms, when most schools have a minimum of 4 it seems.

We actually went from 4 down to 3 in this last "upgrade". We did have cardinal, gold, white, and the dark gray before we went to the current cardinal, white, and black.

I would have went with the option of cardinal, gold, white, and gray helmets, jerseys, and pants.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I know it’s been said a million times but I just don’t see how they don’t go with the Istate and Orrnado logos as the two main logos.
You could mix and match the helmets for each game. Istate on the helmet and orrnado on the chest collar or shoulder pads. Then vise-Versa the next game. I will defer to someone who knows more than I, but I think each school is allowed one logo each on jersey and pant. ISU has elected to go w/ I-State for each. The logo is going to be stitched or ironed on and I think ours are stitched. So they (the jersey and pant) are going to stay that way for the season for the most part, not being interchangeable from game to game. The helmet decals can be changed from game to game if they wanted, but it is more labor intensive for uniform staff, so I think they try to time it when they change it for a couple of games, or not do it too often. Just a guess though. We haven't seen too much change on decals w/ helmet, from game to game yet, I don't think.

The orrnado looks good in cardinal, gold, black, white, or grey and looks timeless. If you put that logo on a shirt our fanbase would buy the **** out of it. Absolutely a for sure brother!

Sooo much they are missing out on.
Comments above.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
I still wonder why we only have 3 colors to choose from in our uniforms, when most schools have a minimum of 4 it seems.

We actually went from 4 down to 3 in this last "upgrade". We did have cardinal, gold, white, and the dark gray before we went to the current cardinal, white, and black.

I would have went with the option of cardinal, gold, white, and gray helmets, jerseys, and pants.
I believe that if black is a color choice at Iowa State, then specific university rules REQUIRE that no gold be included unless cardinal is also included and the cardinal is more dominate than the gold. I may be wrong with this interpretation, so I will gladly defer to someone who knows more about how the colors can be combined in any ISU uniform or communication.

jbru119

Jun 26, 2016
I believe that if black is a color choice at Iowa State, then specific university rules REQUIRE that no gold be included unless cardinal is also included and the cardinal is more dominate than the gold. I may be wrong with this interpretation, so I will gladly defer to someone who knows more about how the colors can be combined in any ISU uniform or communication.

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/new-uniforms-revealed.239396/page-171#post-6940952

University brand & marketing guide specifically says don't pair black & gold

Reactions: beentherebefore