Get your stimulus check payment

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I was trying to get an idea of how much of the money has already been distributed. The highest number I saw was about 110 million Americans at Nolo. They also showed that paper checks will go out each week starting with the lowest income levels.

GBlade

Mar 9, 2014
So, I just got a prepaid debit card from Money Network Cardholder Services. I'm pretty sure this is it
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/19/irs...-stimulus-payments-by-prepaid-debit-card.html
I got this today too. It is a pain.

Tried to activate online and their email system didn't send me the confirmation email for an hour. Called the number and spent 30 playing 20 questions with a hard to understand customer service rep. Then tried to transfer to my checking account and get invalid amount errors every way and amount I try. Going to try again tomorrow. I guess this is what you get from the lowest bidder.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
How many elderly folks will get debit cards and pitch them thanks to the jack wagon credit card companies who mail them out?

Our good news was they used our 2019 income and not 2018. I cashed in kids college mutual funds in 2018 so we would have had some held but 2019 income was way lower.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017

Tried to activate online and their email system didn't send me the confirmation email for an hour. Called the number and spent 30 playing 20 questions with a hard to understand customer service rep. Then tried to transfer to my checking account and get invalid amount errors every way and amount I try. Going to try again tomorrow. I guess this is what you get from the lowest bidder.
It looks like one of the options on the letter I got was you could take it to the bank and they should be able to deposit the funds in your checking account. I'll probably do this; would have been much easier with just a check.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA

Just like any other pre-paid debit/credit/gift card, it's the $1 temporary charge that's likely holding you up in the transfer. Try in a day or two for a value $1 less than it should be and it will likely transfer.

hoopitup

Feb 8, 2012
West Des Moines

You should have called. I got mine yesterday too and it was activated in 2 minutes through automated system.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Has anyone else still not gotten theirs? We still just get the generic message on the website for both the Mrs. and I. Starting to piss me off.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Got the gov check in the mail last week. Now I have to go to the CU and deposit it. Might just wait till the lobbies are open again to deposit the 24,703 pesos.

Insurance company sent me a check also. Money is money but I still don't dig checks.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Got the gov check in the mail last week. Now I have to go to the CU and deposit it. Might just wait till the lobbies are open again to deposit the 24,703 pesos.

Insurance company sent me a check also. Money is money but I still don't dig checks.
No mobile deposit on your banks app?

Reactions: LindenCy

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
No mobile deposit on your banks app?

Added a new CU and haven't setup much at new one. Just don't deal with anything paper that much, maybe once every 18 months or so. Probably the impetus for me to get fully setup and get checking moved etc.

Cleaver

Jul 9, 2015
Has anyone else still not gotten theirs? We still just get the generic message on the website for both the Mrs. and I. Starting to piss me off.
I still haven't received anything either. The same message every time on the website.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010

Checks are a lot better than the debit cards. But if its too much work I could probably take it off your hands.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I still haven't received anything either. The same message every time on the website.

They shut that down at some point when paper "checks" / debit cards started going out. Otherwise they'd probably run the risk of duplication.

I also read that the "paper" checks are going out each week by income level. Lower income checks are going out sooner.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
They shut that down at some point when paper "checks" / debit cards started going out. Otherwise they'd probably run the risk of duplication.

I also read that the "paper" checks are going out each week by income level. Lower income checks are going out sooner.

They shut what down? The website? Hopefully they have my address or bank information.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron