HS BB & SB

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Seems like a lot of work and speculation to do this right. Just cancel and avoid the craziness. Back when I was a kid all we had to do in the summer was swim in a pond and ride bikes around town. I think the kids will survive.

It doesn’t even sound like fun with all these proposed measures.

or we can let them play, with some safety measures in place, for this exact reason...

Reactions: Clarence Butthorn

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
I just sat in on a parents meeting for varsity softball. It's honestly not that bad...I'd imagine after a few games without bleachers and concessions, etc. it won't be all that weird. It also just baffles my mind how many people, even in this thread, still want to just shut everything down. They just can't get it in their heads that life has to go on...

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I just sat in on a parents meeting for varsity softball. It's honestly not that bad...I'd imagine after a few games without bleachers and concessions, etc. it won't be all that weird. It also just baffles my mind how many people, even in this thread, still want to just shut everything down. They just can't get it in their heads that life has to go on...

That is not a true statement.

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
I'm starved for sports. I live less than a mile from WDM Valley, and not much more than that from Dowling and DSM Roosevelt. What are the attendence rules for the general public? Are we outright banned?

hunttr82

Jul 7, 2009
North Iowa
I'm starved for sports. I live less than a mile from WDM Valley, and not much more than that from Dowling and DSM Roosevelt. What are the attendence rules for the general public? Are we outright banned?
From here https://www.iahsaa.org/baseball-guidance-2020/

SD5) Are spectators permitted to attend games?

A5) Per guidelines from the Department of Education and the Department of Public Health, schools must limit the use of bleachers for fans. Schools should encourage fans to bring their own chairs or stand. Fans should practice social distancing between different household units and accept personal responsibility for public health guidelines.

Individual school districts may have additional guidelines.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Eagle Grove has a big new packing plant. Haven't heard of any large corono issues there yet.
Wright County has had a huge jump in the past two weeks mostly because of the plant, thus two schools in that county are playing it safe.

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
From here https://www.iahsaa.org/baseball-guidance-2020/

SD5) Are spectators permitted to attend games?

A5) Per guidelines from the Department of Education and the Department of Public Health, schools must limit the use of bleachers for fans. Schools should encourage fans to bring their own chairs or stand. Fans should practice social distancing between different household units and accept personal responsibility for public health guidelines.

Individual school districts may have additional guidelines.

Thanks. Probably best not to go. Valley has open seating beyond the fences, always a few people sitting there. I might drive by during a game and see for myself how many people are there and in the stands.

Jaws73

Dec 5, 2011
Umpire behind home plate or behind the pitcher?
Varsity contests both softball and baseball. Umpire will work behind the plate. We won't have the balls. They will be kept by the defensive team. Players can't go to there mouth or the ball is dead and then it is thrown out to be sanitized. I do both sports and it will be interesting for sure.