• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Anybody who invested in DKNG a few weeks ago has now doubled their money. :cool:

Amazing, especially for a stock that didn't really IPO. It did some weird reverse takeover. I think this may be a buy the rumor and sell the news, when sports do get going.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Had some luck with Teladoc (TDOC) and the Trade Desk (TTD).

Helped offset a bit of an ass kicking on Boeing and Store Capital.

Store was good until it wasn't. Boeing was a China trade play that went wrong when Boeing dirt started to pile up after the MAX issues.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So..........when do I exit this crazy train. Wondering if I should start dumping a decent portion (this was a short term, excess cash play that needs to be finished by end of July). Thinking about dumping everything but the airline stuff I have, kinda where my profit would be and see if those loser stocks can bound back and make some bank. I feel I still have some value stocks in there and it is paining me to pull the plug on them.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
250px-SuperMarioParty_DonkeyKong.png

Reactions: BCClone

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
TWLO & SHOP been selling off the last month. I am down to 50% of the shares i had a month ago. More cash for the next crash or buy BRK.B or SPY or JKHY. I think of those three as very solid.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Had some luck with Teladoc (TDOC) and the Trade Desk (TTD).

Helped offset a bit of an ass kicking on Boeing and Store Capital.

Store was good until it wasn't. Boeing was a China trade play that went wrong when Boeing dirt started to pile up after the MAX issues.
TTD is a hell of a stock!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I know I should grab more profits than I have, but this thing is getting crazy. Almost nervous that it will just keep going up.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Wow, we are just starting a depression, and we are back the level of June of 2019. I am not a bull right now. Earnings calls in July/Aug are going to be brutal. This is the most overbought market I have ever seen. GDP for Q2 is expected to fall 50% and some of the exchanges are breaking all time records.

Glad I bought back in in the low 20s, and I don't need this $$ for the next few years.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
So..........when do I exit this crazy train. Wondering if I should start dumping a decent portion (this was a short term, excess cash play that needs to be finished by end of July). Thinking about dumping everything but the airline stuff I have, kinda where my profit would be and see if those loser stocks can bound back and make some bank. I feel I still have some value stocks in there and it is paining me to pull the plug on them.

This month some time. 2-3 time period reactions (months in this case) are pretty common. It is crazy the Nasdaq is back to nearly all time highs. What's crazier is that junk stocks like bankrupt Hertz (going to zero soon) have a bid. And then the people buying into industries that are in trouble, banks, airlines, tourism is just wayyyy too optimistic.

I'm really tempted to dump some more money in and really start shorting some stocks.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
This month some time. 2-3 time period reactions (months in this case) are pretty common. It is crazy the Nasdaq is back to nearly all time highs. What's crazier is that junk stocks like bankrupt Hertz (going to zero soon) have a bid. And then the people buying into industries that are in trouble, banks, airlines, tourism is just wayyyy too optimistic.

I'm really tempted to dump some more money in and really start shorting some stocks.

I would say yes, shorting is the right bet here, but then if the market starts to go down, will the fed dump a few trillion more into it? Gotta keep that 1% happy, and this pandemic has been great for them.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

Bought an airline ETF today as a speculative play.

Some of these beat up industries will dig out at some point. Went ETF to try and mitigate a pretty risky move.

All of this while we don't have a COVID vaccine and the business district is boarded up. U-S-A

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Dang, we are almost back the end of 2019 for stock prices, during a depression. Impressive.