traipsing thru the treetops
@cowgirl836
8176211_3344c.gif

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Did a quick mow of the front and sides during lunch. Trying to decide if I should just go out and finish up in about 30 minutes or just wait until tomorrow.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
So made my once every two/three weeks grocery run. Thought I had picked a good slow time, 2:00 p.m. on a Monday afternoon. And, nope! Store was boarded up and closing at 5:00. Crowded as all get out.

I am torn between thinking this is prudent or an over-reaction.

byerlys boarded cf scale.jpg

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
So made my once every two/three weeks grocery run. Thought I had picked a good slow time, 2:00 p.m. on a Monday afternoon. And, nope! Store was boarded up and closing at 5:00. Crowded as all get out.

View attachment 72344
For the time being, I'd go with prudent. Did you get your groceries?

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.

View attachment 72344
So it wasn't because they heard you were coming?

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

View attachment 72344

I know this goes against the retired lifestyle but I've found the best time to go is 9 am. It may not be the same everywhere but it's the best time I've found.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
For the time being, I'd go with prudent. Did you get your groceries?

I did to the tune of $165. Yikes! And since it's the apocalypse I even bought some beer. Weird the stuff they were short on. Baked beans. Soup. Paper aisle was still empty. It's like they don't even stock TP, tissue or towels. Completely bare shelves. One of these days I am going to have to hunt down someplace here that has facial tissues.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Prudent, if you got key lime pie and some wine!!

This store doesn't carry my fav anymore. It's okay though, think it is time for rhubarb crisp. And almost out of wine. Did an online looking-loo this morning and prices are up and availability is down. More signs of the apocalypse. Might have to move to France.

Edit: Because baking seems like a good idea with it pushing 90 outside. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
This store doesn't carry my fav anymore. It's okay though, think it is time for rhubarb crisp. And almost out of wine. Did an online looking-loo this morning and prices are up and availability is down. More signs of the apocalypse. Might have to move to France.

Edit: Because baking seems like a good idea with it pushing 90 outside. :rolleyes:

The vixen made some rhubarb pie this weekend. Oh, my. I wish you all could have had some.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The vixen made some rhubarb pie this weekend. Oh, my. I wish you all could have had some.

No crisp tonight so I almost gave your post a "dislike". ;)

Was getting baking stuff out and found my brown sugar is a solid brick. Going to take at least overnight with a couple of bread slices to restore it to something resembling b.sugar.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
No crisp tonight so I almost gave your post a "dislike". ;)

Was getting baking stuff out and found my brown sugar is a solid brick. Going to take at least overnight with a couple of bread slices to restore it to something resembling b.sugar.

Have you ever tried the microwave method? Put the brown sugar in a bowl, cover with a damp paper towel, microwave for 20 seconds. Repeat as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron