Friday OT #1 - Avoidance Is Key

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I'm a huge geography and demographics nerd.

I updated a quiz I wrote 10 years ago on Sporcle. Name all the cities in Iowa over 8,000 in population.

https://www.sporcle.com/games/mjones34/Iowa8000

Fun quiz. I got 35/47, but I paused a couple of times (I didn't cheat & look up anything, but it gave me more time to think). Most of the ones I missed I probably wouldn't have guessed even with more time.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Thanks, @ArgentCy, for this idea! What are shows to avoid during quarantine, or are too depressing for this time?

I will let him share his - one I thought of was 12 Monkeys - post-apocalyptic fiction has hit a little too close to home right now.
What are yours?
Fun fact, the crazy lady who sings and dances in 12 monkeys is from Ames.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I generally like a lot of the grittier shows, but since I don't watch a ton of tv, I've been more selective lately. I've steered myself towards more comedies since the pandemic.

I tend to put on sports in the background a lot versus sitting down and watching tv for long stretches of time. I struggle to binge-watch something. Not having sports as a mental health outlet has been worse than I envisioned. The sports replays seem like a good idea, but I can't bring myself to watch them.

Reactions: Angie