Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
1. All I can do is ask for an amicable split.

2. I could make him spend the next two weeks at my place, not making any more money from other jobs and still not pay him the last half because I'll never accept the job. That's part of the contract.

3. It would sure help his business to have a customer say he works well with clients and provides good communication as opposed to the alternative, which is what would happen if he didn't agree with my suggestion.

Hope it works out. So often it doesn't. Maybe this will be the exception. Hope so.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
I think I'm going to fire him and eat the labor cost I paid. I had two other guys come look and both were cheaper to finish his job than the balance of my contract with him.

Plus I paid him to get materials and there are still some sitting at Menards, so I'm going to Menards to return those so he can't go return them and keep that cash, too.

I think you are making a good decision that will help your stress level by removing you from what sounds like a bad situation.

It sucks about the money, but it happens to the best of us.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think I'm going to fire him and eat the labor cost I paid. I had two other guys come look and both were cheaper to finish his job than the balance of my contract with him.

Plus I paid him to get materials and there are still some sitting at Menards, so I'm going to Menards to return those so he can't go return them and keep that cash, too.
Again, can you give more specifics with what the issue was? Framing, plumbing, etc?

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Sorry, maybe too early but....

source.gif

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Make sure you’ve got the GoPro up and running. If the next guy(s) flops too, “Contractor Conundrum” sounds like a good name for reality TV