Cam Lard

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Someone arrested on that link had the last name "Kongroar". What a friggin great surname. Should be a linebacker or something.

Cam, dude, I hope that you can get it together.

It's strange that he came back to Iowa. I'd think he'd head to TX or Louisiana.

EDIT: It turns out Kongroar is a woman. Probably statistically less likely to make it as a linebacker.

Reactions: CycloneVet

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Someone arrested on that link had the last name "Kongroar". What a friggin great surname. Should be a linebacker or something.

Cam, dude, I hope that you can get it together.

It's strange that he came back to Iowa. I'd think he'd head to TX or Louisiana.

EDIT: It turns out Kongroar is a woman. Probably statistically less likely to make it as a linebacker.

They let dudes run women's track, may as well let a woman run with the LBs.

Reactions: Clarence Butthorn

Jar_Lar

Jun 5, 2018
Ames, IA
Thought he signed a pro contract a few weeks later (can't remember where)

My notes show that he played two games with the Lakeland Magic (Orlando's G-League) around the change of the year before going to the Dominican Republic's CPN in the Santiago League where he averaged 14 points per game in his 15 game appearances.

He's also had five double doubles and a peak scoring output of 26 points (11-14 from the field) against Plaza on February 19th.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
Wigginton would have been our 2nd best player and probably leading scorer if he had come back. I don't understand the hate he gets on here. He was a very good player, and still had 2 years left to improve.

The butthurt runs deep when fans don't agree with a players decision to move on. Wiggs was a fantastic player. Wish he would have come back. The team lacked a true scorer. He would have been that.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
My notes show that he played two games with the Lakeland Magic (Orlando's G-League) around the change of the year before going to the Dominican Republic's CPN in the Santiago League where he averaged 14 points per game in his 15 game appearances.

He's also had five double doubles and a peak scoring output of 26 points (11-14 from the field) against Plaza on February 19th.
Your notes?

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
Damn! If I had the ability to play pro ball and I was reduced to selling Herbalife I would do whatever it took to play organized ball somewhere, g league, overseas and try and work myself up the ladder.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
What a preposterous set of strawmen.

The butthurt runs deep when fans don't agree with a players decision to move on.

I do not think any of us resent a young man getting himself paid as soon as they can when there could be millions of dollars on the line for them. I cannot remember anybody complaining that Royce White or Tyrese Haliburton left/are leaving to be first-round picks, and I do not remember anybody complaining that Horton-Tucker left early even though his draft fate was less certain than either of the former two guys.

Nobody resents Wigginton leaving early if that is what he thought was best for himself. There is/was a legitimate debate if it was the optimal decision. Staying another year could have given him a chance to be the focus of the offense without Marial Shayok around, and he could have possibly had a great season and blown up on draft radars like Carsen Edwards of Purdue did (who eventually became a first-round pick).

Then again, maybe that does not happen, and Wigginton just becomes a year older and less attractive doing it, so maybe it was best to just go now, get into the D-League, and hope he can start grinding his way to the NBA, start collecting a paycheck, or maybe head to Europe and start getting paid that way. Discussing which plan was the best is not hating on Wigginton for leaving. It is just the armchair stuff we do.

Speculating if an obviously difficult and life-defining decision for him was the right one or not and musing what his return for another season might have meant for the program as a fan is not somehow resentful he took the latter/the money now.

Wiggs was a fantastic player.

Very good, yes, but "fantastic" is a little strong for the fourth-best guard on his team his sophomore year. Good player, yes, but his legend has been slightly inflated as a cudgel against Prohm for "misusing" and "mishandling" him, even though his numbers and subpar defense made "bench gunner" the perfect role for him.

He just never bought into that like Naz and McThree did.

Wish he would have come back. The team lacked a true scorer. He would have been that.

Rasir Bolton says hello.

Nonetheless, I would have loved to have had Wigginton or Horton-Tucker back last season. Either one of them totally changes the outlook.

Alas, Lindell is in Des Moines (well, Ness Ziona now) and not Ames. I think we all hope he fulfills his NBA dreams someday and somehow.

Reactions: NWICY

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Damn! If I had the ability to play pro ball and I was reduced to selling Herbalife I would do whatever it took to play organized ball somewhere, g league, overseas and try and work myself up the ladder.

Maybe the "herb" for-life is as good as they say? o_O

Jar_Lar

Jun 5, 2018
Ames, IA
Your notes?

My notes (from WRNL) do indeed show he played with Club Pueblo Nuevo. Here's a picture.
87964122_690410328162870_5820915862839754752_o.jpg

Javinegli

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2013
Des Moines, IA
On the public Facebook page too. Ope

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240208_123747_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240208_123747_Facebook.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 168

Help Support Us