The Two Powerhouse Football Conferences

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Did you think Lazard would get drafted?

I expected 6 or 7th round, but when you get to that area, it isnt a surprise either way; and sometimes, while it will cost you a few bucks, it is best to not get taken so you can find a team that you fit with a little better.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I expected 6 or 7th round, but when you get to that area, it isnt a surprise either way; and sometimes, while it will cost you a few bucks, it is best to not get taken so you can find a team that you fit with a little better.

I think most had him pegged as an early third day pick, rounds 4-5. McShay said he could go as early as the 3rd round. And I'd be willing to bet 99.9% of ISU fans believed he'd be drafted.

So SE, who I'm sure himself believed Lazard would get drafted, mocking hok fans for thinking AJE would go in the 1st round when he actually went in the early 2nd, doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think most had him pegged as an early third day pick, rounds 4-5. McShay said he could go as early as the 3rd round. And I'd be willing to bet 99.9% of ISU fans believed he'd be drafted.

So SE, who I'm sure himself believed Lazard would get drafted, mocking hok fans for thinking AJE would go in the 1st round when he actually went in the early 2nd, doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Yeah, and neither does getting into a peeing match about people you don't have any real association with (assuming you aren't related to him). Does it really matter? It would have been nice for Lazard to have been drafted and even better for him if he had went possibly second day, but in the truthfullness, it doesn't affect my life one bit.

Why I don't understand these numbnut trolls who come one here and argue things repeatedly with Twins daily, especially creating different user names (knowing the hoops I had to jump through to create this one -- which is my only one). I know I will occasionally join into the stupidity and try to catch myself after a few posts.

Does it really affect or matter to you what SE says about Epenesa's draft position? I don't care what you think of Lazard.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

54th pick = early second round lol

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
@CyTwins how can you disagree with what I said? You admitted Sagarin was crazy flawed having Texas ridiculously ranked #15. Sagarin also has 8 win Texas A&M and Washington ranked ahead of 11 win and AP #16 ranked Utah. That is freaking crazy, especially considering both Texas A&M and Washington were unranked in the poll you go to (AP) and Utah beat Washington.

I mean I know I said I value all metrics, but wow Sagarin is pretty bad.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
@CyTwins how can you disagree with what I said? You admitted Sagarin was crazy flawed having Texas ridiculously ranked #15. Sagarin also has 8 win Texas A&M and Washington ranked ahead of 11 win and AP #16 ranked Utah. That is freaking crazy, especially considering both Texas A&M and Washington were unranked in the poll you go to (AP) and Utah beat Washington.

I mean I know I said I value all metrics, but wow Sagarin is pretty bad.

No I didn't. If you don't know how to troll you probably shouldn't do it

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
No I didn't. If you don't know how to troll you probably shouldn't do it

You admitted Texas at #15 is flawed. Do you think 8 wins and AP unranked Washington and Texas A&M are better than 11 win and #16 AP ranked Utah?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You admitted Texas at #15 is flawed. Do you think 8 wins and AP unranked Washington and Texas A&M are better than 11 win and #16 AP ranked Utah?

Sagarin said Iowa was better than Iowa State in 2017 and they weren't. I do agree Iowa had the tougher schedule that year though but agree with the AP voters that Iowa State was the best team

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I use Sagarin for SOS. It is by far the best metric for that out there

What are you talking about? It is all part of one metric. The rantings determine the SOS and predictor.

If ISU Sagarin SOS matters why does Sagarin also say that ISU goes 7-6 vs Iowa's schedule and Iowa goes 10-3 vs ISU's schedule?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The Clones and TCU will definitely raise the profile of the Mountain West when the move is made to have 4 power conferences.
Interesting troll.
4439069.jpeg

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Sagarin said Iowa was better than Iowa State in 2017 and they weren't. I do agree Iowa had the tougher schedule that year though but agree with the AP voters that Iowa State was the best team

Iowa did have the tougher schedule according to the majority of BCS bowl metrics this year and in 2017. Neither team made the AP top 25 in 2017.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What are you talking about? It is all part of one metric. The rantings determine the SOS and predictor.

If ISU Sagarin SOS matters why does Sagarin also say that ISU goes 7-6 vs Iowa's schedule and Iowa goes 10-3 vs ISU's schedule?

Actually they'd have Iowa State at 8-5 and only a one point underdog at home vs Minnesota. Like I said Sagarin said Iowa was better than Iowa State in 2017 and they weren't. I do agree Iowa had the tougher schedule that year though but agree with the AP voters that Iowa State was the best team