Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Maybe this whole quarantine with DH is getting to her and giving you a shot. Stay patient and I am sure you will get your shot!

It looks like we are also repainting LittleWxs room. We are doing an amazing job parenting and he wants to paint it cardinal and gold (he already has an ISU bedspread). MrsWx is coming up with the pattern and what not.
Persistence is key.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I am going to go outside and plant some hostas and ferns. Maybe cut some rhubarb.

Neighbors backed over my hostas again. They are such dicks.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I am going to go outside and plant some hostas and ferns. Maybe cut some rhubarb.

Neighbors backed over my hostas again. They are such dicks.
Get a very large chunk of decorative pink granite & place it in the middle of the hostas. Make sure it's undercarriage-busting size.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
The gf has no problem telling me no, but cant tell the traveling Dish guy no. So, now I have to because she gave every detail of the truck and where I park it

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Get a very large chunk of decorative pink granite & place it in the middle of the hostas. Make sure it's undercarriage-busting size.
Speaking of plants ....
We’re back at trying to clean up the front yard and have coneflowers in ice cream buckets. Ready for some, KC?

Last edited:
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
As part of my Covid-19 store avoidance I've been eating my way through stuff that's been in my freezer for a while. As I baked a frozen Byerly's quiche I, out of curiosity, looked for a expiration date thingie. Found a "best by" of 2017 something. It was delish. I ate half a pie. DND. Wondering how awesome it might have been three years ago.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
As part of my Covid-19 store avoidance I've been eating my way through stuff that's been in my freezer for a while. As I baked a frozen Byerly's quiche I, out of curiosity, looked for a expiration date thingie. Found a "best by" of 2017 something. It was delish. I ate half a pie. DND. Wondering how awesome it might have been three years ago.
We found a chub of Jimmy Dean's sausage in the back of the freezer from 2016. Cooked up fine, tasted fine. :D
However, we really SHOULD rotate food in our freezer better. :oops:

Reactions: oldman
Status
Not open for further replies.