Both Gach Transfer Target

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
You’re drinking the JCL koolaide? What does he do better on the wing than Johnson? If we land Gach, JCL isn’t a sure bet at starting.

Young was purely due to being a better pairing with Smith. I don’t anticipate who starts at the 5 position mattering too much.
You could argue JCL has proven it on a P6 level and Johnson has not?

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
who the heck is JCL? I checked the roster but nothing seems to match.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
You could argue JCL has proven it on a P6 level and Johnson has not?
I agree he should be more known, but given he wasn’t much better than Nixon level last year, I hope not. His play last year does not suggest “certain” starter imo.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Bolton, Johnson, JCL, and Young are all more than likely starting. That can change depending on the final two scholarships though.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Going to be tough to beat Minny for Gach, right?

Gach would be a HUGE get though. Immediate starting PG for sure.

I know some say we're only taking one more transfer, but what if we could get both Gach and Justin Smith? My gawd.... we'd all of the sudden be in awesome shape.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Going to be tough to beat Minny for Gach, right?

Gach would be a HUGE get though. Immediate starting PG for sure.

I know some say we're only taking one more transfer, but what if we could get both Gach and Justin Smith? My gawd.... we'd all of the sudden be in awesome shape.
Minny will be tough to beat. But if there is one thing Prohm can sell, it is getting PG's to the NBA

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Minny will be tough to beat. But if there is one thing Prohm can sell, it is getting PG's to the NBA
The actual opportunity to play the 1 compared to Minny seems like a leg up for us too, if Marcus Carr for them is expected to come back.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
If Steve can’t sell the virtues of Ames Iowa over Minneapolis Minnesota to a student athlete in this environment then there’s no hope for ISU basketball.

I would think the parents would be pretty easy to convince - heck I worked with a guy from the TC and he was sending his daughter to ISU to get her out of the city and nothing was going on then.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I would think the parents would be pretty easy to convince - heck I worked with a guy from the TC and he was sending his daughter to ISU to get her out of the city and nothing was going on then.

Focus Town, right?

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Based on that opinion, you mean. They have JCL at effectively a Lewis grade last year, and trust me, Johnson would start over Lewis.

Go look at their stats, metrics, and watch the games. JCL as a wing with will need to improve in order to start over Johnson if we land Gach and Smith.

Last edited:

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
If Steve can’t sell the virtues of Ames Iowa over Minneapolis Minnesota to a student athlete in this environment then there’s no hope for ISU basketball.
Ames is a college town. Minneapolis is a major city. Each have their advantages. Prohm isn't going to stoop to using current events as a recruiting pitch, that would be pathetic. And most recruits would probably not appreciate that type of recruiting tactic.

Reactions: Peter

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Ames is a college town. Minneapolis is a major city. Each have their advantages. Prohm isn't going to stoop to using current events as a recruiting pitch, that would be pathetic. And most recruits would probably not appreciate that type of recruiting tactic.

Ya when you're choosing between Ames and Minneapolis for college you're choosing which type of college experience you prefer. Sometimes that can be out of the coach's hands.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Ya when you're choosing between Ames and Minneapolis for college you're choosing which type of college experience you prefer. Sometimes that can be out of the coach's hands.

Think Minneapolis would be a tough sell currently.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron