Both Gach Transfer Target

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Thought with ISU emerging as a legit target for Both he deserved his own thread.

Article on the Minnesotan;s rise up the prep ranks and listing ISU and Minnesota as the favorites (MN reporter).

https://247sports.com/college/minne...innesota-Utah-Transfer-147648909/#147648909_1

ENTERING THE DRAFT, CONSIDERING MINNESOTA.

Gach entered the draft this year plus he put his name into the transfer portal. He's now hearing from several college programs including Minnesota. The Gophers and Iowa State are considered among the favorites as his hometown of Austin is just two hours away from each school meaning he would be close to his hometown allowing for an easier path to a waiver.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Personally I think he’d be our biggest get since Shayock, who was the biggest get since Kane. But we’d have him two years instead of 1(u less he goes pro).

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Thought with ISU emerging as a legit target for Both he deserved his own thread.

Article on the Minnesotan;s rise up the prep ranks and listing ISU and Minnesota as the favorites (MN reporter).

https://247sports.com/college/minne...innesota-Utah-Transfer-147648909/#147648909_1

ENTERING THE DRAFT, CONSIDERING MINNESOTA.

Gach entered the draft this year plus he put his name into the transfer portal. He's now hearing from several college programs including Minnesota. The Gophers and Iowa State are considered among the favorites as his hometown of Austin is just two hours away from each school meaning he would be close to his hometown allowing for an easier path to a waiver.

This is where Prohm's history of putting PG's in the NBA could pay dividends, especially after TH who's also 6'5", being a possible lottery pick.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Personally I think he’d be our biggest get since Shayock, who was the biggest get since Kane. But we’d have him two years instead of 1(u less he goes pro).
His highlight video said 6’7” pg? No wonder he’s interested, he’d be Prohm’s next NBA pg. Gach, Bolton, Johnson, Smith, and Foster would be some serious length. The second team of Tre, Harris, JCL, Conditt, and Young could probably beat what we had out there at times last season. Plus the other three freshmen!

Edit: ouch, what’s up with the 3P numbers?

Reactions: isutrevman

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
This is where Prohm's history of putting PG's in the NBA could pay dividends, especially after TH who's also 6'5", being a possible lottery pick.

Maybe im missing something, but why would he be a pg?

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
He's got a little DeAndre Kane in him, and I'd say some Shayok and some Peter Jok. Nice player.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Big time get IMO. Two year guy with an extreme likelihood of a waiver. 12 pts, 4 rbs and 3asst guy.

What’s the likelihood of his waiver? I hadn’t heard that but obviously would love it.

I also do personally think there will be more waivers granted than ever before the year, especially with talks of allowing it in the near future and obviously covid.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I said after the season the path to the NCAA's for us was to basically replace almost everybody. Get Gach and Smith and we're basically there. I like it.

mplueg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 27, 2009
His highlight video said 6’7” pg? No wonder he’s interested, he’d be Prohm’s next NBA pg. Gach, Bolton, Johnson, Smith, and Foster would be some serious length. The second team of Tre, Harris, JCL, Conditt, and Young could probably beat what we had out there at times last season. Plus the other three freshmen!

Edit: ouch, what’s up with the 3P numbers?

You’re really drinking the kool-aid if you think that would be our first team!

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Who cares? This team hasn't had an alpha in years. If he wants to come in and try to lay claim to it, let him.

You’re really drinking the kool-aid if you think that would be our first team!

I'd guess a lineup of
Gach
Bolton
JCL
Smith
Young
W/ Johnson as a super sub if Harris doesn't get a waiver. If he did...not sure I'm ready to wrap my head around that much jubilation just yet.

mplueg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 27, 2009
I'd guess a lineup of
Gach
Bolton
JCL
Smith
Young
W/ Johnson as a super sub if Harris doesn't get a waiver. If he did...not sure I'm ready to wrap my head around that much jubilation just yet.

makes more sense... no way jcl and young come off the bench imo

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
makes more sense... no way jcl and young come off the bench imo
You’re drinking the JCL koolaide? What does he do better on the wing than Johnson? If we land Gach, JCL isn’t a sure bet at starting.

Young was purely due to being a better pairing with Smith. I don’t anticipate who starts at the 5 position mattering too much.