Remainder of NBA season at Disney World?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
It adds calendar days to the season where they have to maintain that conditioning (assuming they did). That's just extra wear and tear.
It's pretty safe to say most players have not maintained their normal in-season conditioning level. Most seem like they've cooped up at home playing video games for the past 2 months.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
It's pretty safe to say most players have not maintained their normal in-season conditioning level. Most seem like they've cooped up at home playing video games for the past 2 months.
Giannis has said he hasn't had access to a hoop for 2 months

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
He lives in an apartment and the practice facilities are locked. Most player’s have basketball hoops at their mansions.
I know it's not PC for him to admit it but I'd be shocked if he couldn't find a rim somewhere.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If it were me and safe, I'd restart in July until Sept. Then start next season on Christmas and go until "normal." Then it wouldn't interfere with Olympics in 2021 if that happens.

Yeah if they've had lockout seasons that were similar time this would work.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
I know it's not PC for him to admit it but I'd be shocked if he couldn't find a rim somewhere.

I'm not saying that parks are his only options but around where I live, the city and the schools placed boards on top of the hoops to discourage people from playing.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'm not saying that parks are his only options but around where I live, the city and the schools placed boards on top of the hoops to discourage people from playing.
Oh yeah I get it, not many athletes are gonna pull a Tom Brady park thing but I'm sure a lot of them have access to what they need.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Oh yeah I get it, not many athletes are gonna pull a Tom Brady park thing but I'm sure a lot of them have access to what they need.

There's plenty of high schools everywhere and someone would have been able to pull some strings to get in for a work out.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
There are a lot of hurdles to get past with the players' union regarding this year's schedule, this year's compensation, a delayed start to next season and a likely drop in the salary cap for the coming season (because it's based on a percentage of revenue). CP3 is the head player rep, which I didn't know until recently.

Adam Silver wants best-of-7 series so that the winner has some legitimacy.

I hope that they can get this done so that there are some games to watch.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
So basically they won't do this unless they move the regular season to January.

From what Bill Simmons has said on his podcast, he said they would start the season on Christmas day.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Might as well give it up at this point. People will watch a random Monday night NFL game that consists of the Jets vs Dolphins over an NBA finals game.

People will watch MNF over everything. Zero reason not to come back if the players, coaches, and owners do. They’ll still get a month where they are the only sport.