Iowa Football Recruiting

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Although the high ankle sprain was definitely a wink wink type thing, probably not fair to say he quit. When you're pretty much a unanimous top 11 draft pick the following year you play it safe. Don't fault him at all for that, that game wasn't going to be saved.

I agree. No point to come back in the game at that point. CMC played an injured QB most of the year last year and at that point in the game there was no point as the game was far out of reach.

Reactions: Lemmiwinks

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Although the high ankle sprain was definitely a wink wink type thing, probably not fair to say he quit. When you're pretty much a unanimous top 11 draft pick the following year you play it safe. Don't fault him at all for that, that game wasn't going to be saved.

We can at least agree that Kirk would have left him out there injured in a blowout loss.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
We can at least agree that Kirk would have left him out there injured in a blowout loss.
Since he was just hurt, sure. Most likely would have left that up to the player to decide how hurt they were. If you're a gamer like CJ was, you're going to play until you're injured. Then the med staff obviously has to step in.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I was trolling on that part, as it was clear he was playing injured and was a sitting duck back in the pocket.

I mean he had a high ankle sprain that game. CJ Frederick missed like half of the season with a low ankle sprain lol

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I mean he had a high ankle sprain that game. CJ Frederick missed like half of the season with a low ankle sprain lol

Purdy was injured since the WVU game and basically played on one ankle the last half of the year. I don't blame CMC though, he was by far your best option with your backup not being a P5 ready player.

Reactions: Lemmiwinks

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Purdy was injured since the WVU game and basically played on one ankle the last half of the year. I don't blame CMC though, he was by far your best option with your backup not being a P5 ready player.

He was hurt but injured. He got injured during the Notre Dame game and left the game because of it

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Since he was just hurt, sure. Most likely would have left that up to the player to decide how hurt they were. If you're a gamer like CJ was, you're going to play until you're injured. Then the med staff obviously has to step in.
I think that had more to do with the fact that it was CJ's last game. I'm fairly confident that Kirk and CJ had a discussion and it ended with CJ saying I'm playing no matter what.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny

From my understanding it wasn't just one ankle. Directly from what I would consider the second most respected poster on the ISR forum (shout out to @Statefan10):

Purdy wasn't healthy

Both of Purdy's ankles were hanging on by a thread. That's why he stopped scrambling.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
From my understanding it wasn't just one ankle. Directly from what I would consider the second most respected poster on the ISR forum (shout out to @Statefan10):
Thank you for the shout out. And yeah both of his ankles were not fully healthy, however one was not even close to being as bad as the other, however got worse over time due to him having to favor his worse ankle. So as the year closed on, Purdy was far less mobile and less of a threat to defenses.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I went back and watched the highlights of the ND-ISU bowl game and man the comment section isn't very nice towards ISU.

Notre Dame deserved to play a better team.

Who decides these matchups lol

Pretty insulting matchup lmaoooo

Iowa state should be playing one of those 6-6 teams. Who makes these bowl games?

A game no Irish fan thought they were going to lose and all Iowa st fans were blessed with a matchup to fall into their lap by the committee....Iowa st never should have been there

Irish had no business playing these guys ..also shoutout to tommy Reese did a good job calling the offense

Iowa State had no business being in this game. It should've been Notre Dame vs Utah or Notre Dame vs Florida.

Ouch!

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I went back and watched the highlights of the ND-ISU bowl game and man the comment section isn't very nice towards ISU.

Iowa state should be playing one of those 6-6 teams. Who makes these bowl games?

A game no Irish fan thought they were going to lose and all Iowa st fans were blessed with a matchup to fall into their lap by the committee....Iowa st never should have been there

Irish had no business playing these guys ..also shoutout to tommy Reese did a good job calling the offense

Iowa State had no business being in this game. It should've been Notre Dame vs Utah or Notre Dame vs Florida.

Ouch!

You seem like the type to read YouTube and Facebook comments lol

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

Ouch!

Don't get blown out by Michigan then.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

Ouch!

Utah lost their bowl game to a team ISU beat.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Ouch!

Iowa had no business in this game

I feel bad for Iowa

Iowa has no business being there

Iowa is an embarrassment to the B1G (ouch)

Lol, getting sacked on a 3 man rush. 11:04 - Josey Jewell the "all american" lol. Typical Iowa!

What a weak schedule. But Iowa always plays a weak schedule.

Iowa had no business being in this game. If they put the right team in there Stanford gets waxed.

Reactions: jmkc12

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
You seem like the type to read YouTube and Facebook comments lol

Iowa had no business in this game

I feel bad for Iowa

Iowa has no business being there

Iowa is an embarrassment to the B1G (ouch)

Lol, getting sacked on a 3 man rush. 11:04 - Josey Jewell the "all american" lol. Typical Iowa!

What a weak schedule. But Iowa always plays a weak schedule.

Iowa had no business being in this game. If they put the right team in there Stanford gets waxed.

I forgot that game happened. But at least it was 12-1 vs. 10-2 and both teams finished in the top 10. 7-5 ISU played 10-2 ND.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I forgot that game happened. But at least it was 11-1 vs. 10-2 and both teams finished in the top 10. 7-5 ISU played 10-2 ND.
We were 7-5 and people were saying we didn't deserve to be playing 10-2 Notre Dame. They were not wrong. Iowa was a play away from going to the playoffs and people were saying they didn't belong.