Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
What do you disagree with here @Cytown12 @CyTwins ? All facts.

1. I called this decommit
2. Twedt broke CMC - hasn’t gotten a higher rated player since CMC went Jr. High gf on him.
3. This class is baaaad. Worst in the Big 12. 7th worst in all of P5.
1. Not hard. I liked him a lot, but it wasn't hard to see he wasn't a solid commitment.
2. What position is Twedt going to play?
3. I disagree. It's not highly touted, but there are quite a few really nice players.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Maybe Iowa is just ahead of the rush and P5 offers will come after he flips.

Still won't really move the needle for me. Maybe if he has a big Sr. season and then he gets some really good programs sniffing around for him, I would get more excited about him. I mean if he just picks up a couple middling offers over the next month or two it is just schools doing the same thing Iowa did, but later. Start hitting up fall back type guys.

Don't get me wrong, fallback recruits can pan out. as nobody finds and develops talent better than Iowa. The thing is they do even better with recruits that aren't fallbacks and beat several other P5 programs to get them.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Still won't really move the needle for me. Maybe if he has a big Sr. season and then he gets some really good programs sniffing around for him, I would get more excited about him. I mean if he just picks up a couple middling offers over the next month or two it is just schools doing the same thing Iowa did, but later. Start hitting up fall back type guys.

Don't get me wrong, fallback recruits can pan out. as nobody finds and develops talent better than Iowa. The thing is they do even better with recruits that aren't fallbacks and beat several other P5 programs to get them.

You can’t actually believe that

Reactions: CyTwins

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
You can’t actually believe that

If you're doing the literal thing, then no I don't think NOBODY does as well. I think Iowa is right up there with the best of them. Iowa and Wisconsin are two at the top of this heap for sure. CMC has a long, long, long ways to go to get into that category yet.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If you're doing the literal thing, then no I don't think NOBODY does as well. I think Iowa is right up there with the best of them. Iowa and Wisconsin are two at the top of this heap for sure. CMC has a long, long, long ways to go to get into that category yet.
Kirk has done an incredible job of getting more out of his guys that are low rated guys. Can't deny that one bit. Definitely one of the best in the nation at doing so. CMC has shown so far that he has a pretty good eye for talent as well but he's still at the beginning stages of his coaching career and needs to keep putting guys into the NFL to end up on that sort of list.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

I still don’t know how you could spin the the numbers to possibly support that, but at least we that Campbell has a ways to go still.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I still don’t know how you could spin the the numbers to possibly support that, but at least we that Campbell has a ways to go still.
I believe PFF put out something about teams that have the most success with lower rated players coming out of high school, and Iowa is near the top of the list. What he's saying is true.

JohnnyHopkins

Aug 13, 2019
1. Not hard. I liked him a lot, but it wasn't hard to see he wasn't a solid commitment.
2. What position is Twedt going to play?
3. I disagree. It's not highly touted, but there are quite a few really nice players.
1. How come you didn't call it then?
2. Guy might not see the field for us. But he would be your highest rated recruit. He also broke CMC's heart. "You're not breaking up with me, I'm breaking up with you!" - CMC
3. LOL every team can say that. Just noticed you got your backup plan at DT. Congrats!

Reactions: TrianglePlace

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I believe PFF put out something about teams that have the most success with lower rated players coming out of high school, and Iowa is near the top of the list. What he's saying is true.

That isn’t what he said Iowa was the best at...

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That isn’t what he said Iowa was the best at...
If he meant something different, then I don't know. But, if he's talking about finding talent that other coaches don't see and developing them into great players, he'd be right.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
1. How come you didn't call it then?
2. Guy might not see the field for us. But he would be your highest rated recruit. He also broke CMC's heart. "You're not breaking up with me, I'm breaking up with you!" - CMC
3. LOL every team can say that. Just noticed you got your backup plan at DT. Congrats!
1. Why would I say "Yea, this guy ain't that committed"? I'm not in third grade. I don't have to "call it" when I see the certain signs. P.S. I read who ever posted "How committed is he?" as "Is he committed?" that's why I replied "Yes". My bad.
2. That is just not true. And you still didn't answer me.
3. Thank you.

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA
I have googled power rankings and not one yet has come up with isu winning 10-11 games playing Iowa’s schedule. It is why I keep asking you where you got this.

You sure you aren’t using some super secret CyTwins version of reality errrr Google?
Funny thing is I've said nothing about isu winning 10-11 games with Iowa's schedule. Do you even know what you're ever responding too.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Google could actually answer a lot of you're dumb question you have on here.
wedding-crashers-wtf.gif

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Could say the same about Purdy against ND until he quit.
Although the high ankle sprain was definitely a wink wink type thing, probably not fair to say he quit. When you're pretty much a unanimous top 11 draft pick the following year you play it safe. Don't fault him at all for that, that game wasn't going to be saved.