2021-22 Season: What Players Big 12 Teams are Losing, Returning, and Adding

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Nolaeer

Nov 24, 2012
WVU adding 2 high 4 stars, both top 50 nationally, ranked 4 and 7 in big 12 recruiting. Jalen bridges(19 rs) and isaiah cottrell (2020).

WVU also returns its 2 bigs who WVU feared would leave early, and 2 starting guards.

Probably the best team Huggins has had at WVU.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
WVU adding 2 high 4 stars, both top 50 nationally, ranked 4 and 7 in big 12 recruiting. Jalen bridges(19 rs) and isaiah cottrell (2020).

WVU also returns its 2 bigs who WVU feared would leave early, and 2 starting guards.

Probably the best team Huggins has had at WVU.

I'm surprised McCabe hasn't shown up in the portal. Maybe it's still coming.

Nolaeer

Nov 24, 2012
I'm surprised McCabe hasn't shown up in the portal. Maybe it's still coming.

McCabe was a deadly shooter in hs, in high school all star games, and had a good freshman season. Not sure why he couldnt hit the broad side of a barn his soph. season. I mean the kid toured with the harlem globetrotters when he was 10 and made half court shots. He couldnt even make free throws last season.

He likely couldnt transfer up, and I think he knows Huggins will give him every opportunity to start at WVU. That said, mcbride will play in the NBA, and WVU has a couple other guards that either shoot better than mccabe did last year, or play better defense(a huggins sticking point).

Mc cabe was a child wonder boy. was on Ellen etc. he's definitely a fan favorite. Huggins knows mccabe sells tickets, so he will get opportunities at wvu. If he transferred to texas tech or ISU etc, if he started out slow he'd likely ride the pine.

Huggins will get him some minutes every game(at least every home game).