Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA
Obviously adding JCL and Harris (if he is eligible) will help. Adding Smith would help yet again. The question is will that be enough? It isn't like ISU was some bubble team who was close last year. Add on top of that they lose their best player and I wonder if it is still enough. I guess we will see this fall (well hopefully anyway).
That's why you recruit and bring in better players so you can be a bubble team. Which they have so far.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Connor starts at the 4 spot for Iowa and he had 124 assists last season. Those 3 combined only had 146.

Iowa's starting back court next season will be Bohannon, Fredrick and Wieskamp.
Connor might pass the ball a lot but that's because if he was doing anything else, he'd be a massive liability to his team. That isn't the case with the 3 guys you're comparing to him. I don't see too many opposing teams game planning around Connor. I also think that is something he won't have in common with the 3 guys you're comparing to him. You should probably just stop posting for the day.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Connor might pass the ball a lot but that's because if he was doing anything else, he'd be a massive liability to his team. That isn't the case with the 3 guys you're comparing to him. I don't see too many opposing teams game planning around Connor. I also think that is something he won't have in common with the 3 guys you're comparing to him. You should probably just stop posting for the day.

Connor had a much higher win share per forty minutes than Harris, Bolton, or JCL. The only game planning teams will be doing with Harris or JCL is encouraging them to shoot as much as possible.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Connor starts at the 4 spot for Iowa and he had 124 assists last season. Those 3 combined only had 146.

Iowa's starting back court next season will be Bohannon, Fredrick and Wieskamp.

Connor will start as long as his dad is there

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Connor had a much higher win share per forty minutes than Harris, Bolton, or JCL. The only game planning teams will be doing with Harris or JCL is encouraging them to shoot as much as possible.
Is that what Fran's plan was last year? It didnt work.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Is that what Fran's plan was last year? It didnt work.

Even bad shooters get hot every once in a while, especially against Iowa’s defense. Letting a 36% FG / 46% eFG shooter take as many shots as he wants is a winning strategy in the long run.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Even bad shooters get hot every once in a while, especially against Iowa’s defense
81iaGxxnXtL._SY445_.jpg

Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Even bad shooters get hot every once in a while, especially against Iowa’s defense. Letting a 36% FG / 46% eFG shooter take as many shots as he wants is a winning strategy in the long run.

Would you rather have JCL or Connor?

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Lol. What about Connor or Bolton?

Thats a tough one. Bolton is a better player, but Iowa doesn’t need a volume shooter to take shots away from Garza. I’d rather have Bolton in a vacuum, but Connor is a better fit for this year’s team IMO.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'll take arbitrary and useless statistics for 100, Alex

Reactions: BCClone

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I'll take arbitrary and useless statistics for 100, Alex

Why Yikes? I mean obviously Garza is taken over every ISU big man. Wieskamp is obviously the 2nd player taken.

Bohannon career 11.7 PPG, 4.5 APG 1.9 TO, PER 15.5
CJ career 10.2 PPG, 2.8 APG, 1.3 TO, PER 16.2

Jalen Coleman-Lands career 9.7 PPG, 1.0 APG, 1.2 TO, PER 11.2
Tyler Harris career 9.9 PPG, 1.4 APG, 1.6 TO, PER 10.9

That isn't even close. You got two turnover machines (compared to assists) who don't even score as much as CJ and Jordan. The only one you can even make a case for is Bolton, but since I already have Garza and Wieskamp, I'd rather have two solid players who can pass and shoot over a volume shooter/scorer like Bolton.

Last edited:

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Why Yikes? I mean obviously Garza is taken over every ISU big man. Wieskamp is obviously the 2nd player taken.

Bohannon career 11.7 PPG, 4.5 APG 1.9 TO, PER 15.5
CJ career 10.2 PPG, 2.8 APG, 1.3 TO, PER 16.2

Jalen Coleman-Lands career 9.7 PPG, 1.0 APG, 1.2 TO, PER 11.2
Tyler Harris career 9.9 PPG, 1.4 APG, 1.6 TO, PER 10.9

That isn't even close. You got two turnover machines who don't even score as much as CJ and Jordan. The only one you can even make a case for is Bolton, but since I already have Garza and Wieskamp, I'd rather have two solid players who can pass and shoot over a volume shooter/scorer like Bolton.

Bohannon is coming off an injury and Fredrick is unreliable. Lol cmon

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
Doesn't it get old repeating the same thing over and over or iowa fans just not that smart so that's all they have to say. You and The bear just repeat yourself on every post.

Ask CyTwins if it gets old posting the same thing thousands of times? Once he has his teeth into a myth it goes for years.