***The Da Vinci Code Mafia Sign Up***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I'm not sure knowing the number of people in the mafia is inherently useful to the innocents.
If there are 5 remaining players, including two "known innocents" and two mafia, it would be easy for the unknown innocent to make their decision. I may be misunderstanding the proposed rule though.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Unrelated, what ever happened to airbag? Did he stopping coming around these parts for any particular reason? Perma-ban?

bsaltyman

Drinker of beer
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
The whole thing. Make a YouTube video about it
charlie-conspiracy.jpg

Ok, I realize that this isn’t a video, but just pretend that LBF is talking in character like Charlie from It’s Always Sunny...

You see, in he Da Vinci Code mafia, there is a chance that any “regular inno” could be special. Not just special, but the most important person in the game. That way, everyone has to stay involved until their roll is revealed.
Now, to make it easier to understand, just pretend that there are 2 secret mafia groups that can PM each other. One of those groups, the Priory of Sion, are “good guys” that are only trying to protect Sophie. The other group is actual mafia. The only way the bad guys win is if they kill Sophie and destroy the grail documents. But the Priory is like “Na uh, you gotta go through us first”.
Then, we’ve got this Professor Langdon guy who thinks he’s so smart, and he can like investigate or kill people. He is also a **** block on Teabing and Rémy, in case they try to win the game, because they are really just a couple of *** holes. If they get the keystone and destroy the grail documents, well then we’re all ******.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
charlie-conspiracy.jpg

Ok, I realize that this isn’t a video, but just pretend that LBF is talking in character like Charlie from It’s Always Sunny...

You see, in he Da Vinci Code mafia, there is a chance that any “regular inno” could be special. Not just special, but the most important person in the game. That way, everyone has to stay involved until their roll is revealed.
Now, to make it easier to understand, just pretend that there are 2 secret mafia groups that can PM each other. One of those groups, the Priory of Sion, are “good guys” that are only trying to protect Sophie. The other group is actual mafia. The only way the bad guys win is if they kill Sophie and destroy the grail documents. But the Priory is like “Na uh, you gotta go through us first”.
Then, we’ve got this Professor Langdon guy who thinks he’s so smart, and he can like investigate or kill people. He is also a **** block on Teabing and Rémy, in case they try to win the game, because they are really just a couple of *** holes. If they get the keystone and destroy the grail documents, well then we’re all ******.

For clarity:
Does your cat have kitten mittens?

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I have a message from Doc:

Doc misses everybody and wants people to join him on Discord tomorrow to play Jackbox Party games.

The only person he doesn't miss is @VikesFan22 and his inane questions in this thread.

bsaltyman

Drinker of beer
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
@bsaltyman can you add more color around the Grail documents?

Ok to find the grail documents, one has to obtain the keystone first. Inside the keystone is a cryptex. There will be a riddle you have to solve in order to open the cryptex. If you solve this, you will be rewarded with the grail documents, which are documents of the bloodline from the time of Christ to the present. Because Sophie and her grandmother are part of that family tree, you will learn the identities of each of them. You would then be free to keep this a secret, share the information with the world, destroy the keystone, or pass it to someone else if you choose.

Reactions: Colorado

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Atta boy salty. I know I haven’t been around these parts long but I feel like this could be an epic game. Maybe epically weird, epically confusing, epically tactical, I don’t know. But I bet it will be epic.

Reactions: bsaltyman