'21 DT Tyler Onyedim Commits!

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
A lot of high ceiling/low floor guys in this class. We can do that with this class since we have a few years of depth at most positions.

Onyedim is one of them. He's a wrecking ball and smashes domes; he's a thick boy. I like his athleticism and you can't teach beef. Hopefully it translate to good weight like Howard Brown.

Good get. I wonder is Aden Kelley told us he's going to OkSt.
I think the pandemic made the decision easy for Kelley. He may be taking stay home, stay safe to heart. Great get for Campbell regardless. Now we need to hold on as all the CMC recruits tend to pick up alot of steam their senior years. Another sign of good front end scouting, but nerve racking.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
A huge difference is that CPR was getting these kids on signing day and CMC is getting them early on which tells me he isn't settling. I honestly don't know how you can question this staffs recruiting at this point.

You’re kidding, right?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Hope he's a diamond in the rough. Offer list makes him look like a Rhoads era recruit

Except that Campbell is recruiting him to a line that is ranked #1 in the Big 12 by Athlon even after losing Lima and Johnson. All I can think is that Campbell got in early on another under-the-radar player, not a leftover like Rhoads tended to get. And also unlike the Rhoads era, look for this guy's ratings to climb because he got taken by Campbell.

This guy looks just like what we need. Well-built. Hard-working. Good footwork. May have a chip on his shoulder for not getting more attention from Big 12 schools in Texas. And again, unlike in the Rhoads era, we don't have to rush him on to the field. He can play behind a great two-deep and develop at his own pace.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Hope he's a diamond in the rough. Offer list makes him look like a Rhoads era recruit

if there’s one position on entire football team I don’t ? This staff on it’s the DL..

the transformation of that group has been historic..

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Reminds me some of Tucker Robertson. Can play DE on rushing downs, DT/NG on passing downs. Seems like he gets off the ball pretty quickly. Assuming we are going to continue to play the 3 man front, this is the type of player you need. Position versatility and the ability to be stout out at strongside DE. We really don't have a lot of use for 6'4 220 HS DEs because they would need to put on 40 lbs to play in this defense. Not that we wouldn't take another Will McDonald, but he's not an every down player until he can get bigger.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Except that Campbell is recruiting him to a line that is ranked #1 in the Big 12 by Athlon even after losing Lima and Johnson. All I can think is that Campbell got in early on another under-the-radar player, not a leftover like Rhoads tended to get. And also unlike the Rhoads era, look for this guy's ratings to climb because he got taken by Campbell.

This guy looks just like what we need. Well-built. Hard-working. Good footwork. May have a chip on his shoulder for not getting more attention from Big 12 schools in Texas. And again, unlike in the Rhoads era, we don't have to rush him on to the field. He can play behind a great two-deep and develop at his own pace.
Has that come out already?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Has that come out already?

7282.jpg

Yep. I ordered mine directly from Athlon. In the past, I've been able to find them at HyVee in West Ames.

https://amglifestylestore.com/shoppingcart.aspx

The unit rankings in the Big 12 are amazing, especially for us on defense.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Wasn't Curvey also relatively short, around 6'3"? He was super explosive and a hell of a player, and I think would have been a great fit for this defense. If this kid can take a couple years to put on good weight and develop, he could be a major impact player.

Edit: Curvey was 6' 295lbs his senior season.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Wasn't Curvey also relatively short, around 6'3"? He was super explosive and a hell of a player, and I think would have been a great fit for this defense. If this kid can take a couple years to put on good weight and develop, he could be a major impact player.
You think this kid is “relatively short”?

Curvey was like 5’11” or 6’0”.

This kid looks like a bull rusher who is reasonably athletic, and it’ll be interesting to see what plans the staff has for him in combination with Howard Brown. I’m wondering if we may see more four-man fronts going forward.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
In the little bit of time I even knew he existed, there was little doubt. His Twitter account is very pro OSU.
Thanks. Then you’re saying you have little doubt he’s going to stay in Oklahoma, not leave it.

I was just wondering at the apparent non sequitur.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
if there’s one position on entire football team I don’t ? This staff on it’s the DL..

the transformation of that group has been historic..

After years of having the starters and then maybe one other guy that could help to having 7-8 guys that CMC can trust to put on the field is a huge improvement. Still need to keep building, but at least Campbell isn't looking to convert a 3rd string OL to a nose guard the first time someone gets hurt.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
You think this kid is “relatively short”?

Curvey was like 5’11” or 6’0”.

This kid looks like a bull rusher who is reasonably athletic, and it’ll be interesting to see what plans the staff has for him in combination with Howard Brown. I’m wondering if we may see more four-man fronts going forward.
I was wrong. The average DT is about 6'2.5", and the average DL is about 6'4".

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nc...ollege-football-player-breaking-down-size?amp

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
7282.jpg

Yep. I ordered mine directly from Athlon. In the past, I've been able to find them at HyVee in West Ames.

https://amglifestylestore.com/shoppingcart.aspx

The unit rankings in the Big 12 are amazing, especially for us on defense.
Brock always looks like such a baby in his photos. I saw a picture of kids in front of him getting a picture and I would have sworn he was just another kid until I took a closer look.

Help Support Us

Become a patron