***The Da Vinci Code Mafia Sign Up***

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
Is the password 1234, but spelled out in letters?
It’s hopefully harder to figure out than that. It’s actually hard to come up with riddles because if it’s pulled from a google search then people will probably be able to figure it out quickly. I think I’ve got a good one for the keystone, but watch the first person will solve it immediately.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Just read The Lost Symbol so perfect timing for this kind of theme. In.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
iaafr bets cy$ scum, mac bets cy$ town
Stakes: the next time loser orders food from a sit-down restaurant with ice cream, he must order it "ala mode"
if the server questions him on it, he must indicate that he is serious and his preference is for the ice cream to be put directly on the food!

The bet on MU for my game. RIP iaafr
I forgot about your MU game for a while and then come back to see it's already over

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Some last thoughts with my game regarding CF games:

1) I liked the majority lynch feature in MU games and think this would work well on CF. An example is if there are 13 players left, once someone gets 7 votes the day is over and the extra time is used for the night phase. This makes voting on obvious days tougher and prevent runaways like past games.

2) When one or more mislynch leads to a loss, votes are locked in. This happened on here in Tiger King.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Some last thoughts with my game regarding CF games:

1) I liked the majority lynch feature in MU games and think this would work well on CF. An example is if there are 13 players left, once someone gets 7 votes the day is over and the extra time is used for the night phase. This makes voting on obvious days tougher and prevent runaways like past games.

2) When one or more mislynch leads to a loss, votes are locked in. This happened on here in Tiger King.

Regarding Point 1, this would be hard to enforce the clap watch, since we have players like michael who usually don't get on until later in the day. Also, could provide a way for somebody to hide their votes by no-voting.

Point 2, I'm not sure what you're saying here. I didn't play Tiger King. What's a mislynch?

One thing I liked was the auto-mayor to do the vote counts. CW was asking about things to include in the new site upgrade, maybe add in the ability to get a bot like that to help?

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Is the password 1234, but spelled out in letters?

Obligatory:
giphy.gif

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Regarding Point 1, this would be hard to enforce the clap watch, since we have players like michael who usually don't get on until later in the day. Also, could provide a way for somebody to hide their votes by no-voting.

Point 2, I'm not sure what you're saying here. I didn't play Tiger King. What's a mislynch?

One thing I liked was the auto-mayor to do the vote counts. CW was asking about things to include in the new site upgrade, maybe add in the ability to get a bot like that to help?
The clap would just be the actual 2 days and not just in game days. The people who no vote would look pretty suspicious ;)

point 2) mislynch is voting out an innocent during the day phase. @PSYclone22 and I learned this new language and will use it this game. Tiger King had 4 people at the end and votes were final so no votes can change when the game can end that day.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
The clap would just be the actual 2 days and not just in game days. The people who no vote would look pretty suspicious ;)

point 2) mislynch is voting out an innocent during the day phase. @PSYclone22 and I learned this new language and will use it this game. Tiger King had 4 people at the end and votes were final so no votes can change when the game can end that day.

I guess I'd have to see it in action. My brain is not able to comprehend what you're saying about the lynch for whatever reason. Probably full of work thoughts.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

I agree about pt number 1. I can’t see its utility given some players don’t get on early. Like how and why would you vote if you literally got on at 2 and a guy already had majority and was lynched? Like what’s the point? #suckinghindtit

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I agree about pt number 1. I can’t see its utility given some players don’t get on early. Like how and why would you vote if you literally got on at 2 and a guy already had majority and was lynched? Like what’s the point? #suckinghindtit
If a majority happened before 2 then it must be a pretty obvious vote.

there’s more gameplay dynamics with majority lynch that @PSYclone22 can elaborate on. Tough to do mobile

Reactions: JM4CY

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011

Wouldn't point number two give away how many mafia members there are left?