'21 DT Tyler Onyedim Commits!

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Hope he's a diamond in the rough. Offer list makes him look like a Rhoads era recruit

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Nice, I always love DT commits. Good DTs don't exactly grow on trees. A lot of times we are stuck creating DTs rather than recruiting them. Good DTs are required to be both big and fast. That in and of itself is somewhat contradictory, so you can imagine how hard it is to recruit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Hope he's a diamond in the rough. Offer list makes him look like a Rhoads era recruit

I mean the guy does have a P5 offer and considering how goofy this recruiting cycle is you have to bet on the staff. If you take a kid like this on signing day, that is when you can be skeptical.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
The difference is Campbell knows DL. Plus, at 6'3" and 280 lbs as a barely 17 year old, you have to love his potential. Guessing he doesn't play college football for another 2 years. In that time, he's probably going to be 300+. This is a really good pickup.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
The difference is Campbell knows DL. Plus, at 6'3" and 280 lbs as a barely 17 year old, you have to love his potential. Guessing he doesn't play college football for another 2 years. In that time, he's probably going to be 300+. This is a really good pickup.
A lot of high ceiling/low floor guys in this class. We can do that with this class since we have a few years of depth at most positions.

Onyedim is one of them. He's a wrecking ball and smashes domes; he's a thick boy. I like his athleticism and you can't teach beef. Hopefully it translate to good weight like Howard Brown.

Good get. I wonder is Aden Kelley told us he's going to OkSt.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
A lot of high ceiling/low floor guys in this class. We can do that with this class since we have a few years of depth at most positions.

Onyedim is one of them. He's a wrecking ball and smashes domes; he's a thick boy. I like his athleticism and you can't teach beef. Hopefully it translate to good weight like Howard Brown.

Good get. I wonder is Aden Kelley told us he's going to OkSt.
I think there was little doubt Kelley was going to leave the state of Oklahoma.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

A huge difference is that CPR was getting these kids on signing day and CMC is getting them early on which tells me he isn't settling. I honestly don't know how you can question this staffs recruiting at this point.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
A huge difference is that CPR was getting these kids on signing day and CMC is getting them early on which tells me he isn't settling. I honestly don't know how you can question this staffs recruiting at this point.
Agreed. People were scratching their head at Biglow's commitment, then he got an offer from Wazzu, Pitt, Kansas and Duke. Definitely a diamond in the rough there.

Reactions: aauummm