Attendance policy from JP...

packattack425

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 25, 2010
Des Moines
You could probably make a killing selling your season tickets on a by game basis if you can’t buy single game tickets.

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
Maybe I missed it, but are they cutting off season tickets at 30k (if it can get there) or could they potentially sell more than 30k and then people get left out/refunded?

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Yea but 22k already bought their tickets under the assumption of their seat location. I imagine a large number of that 22k will be pissed.
I'm not going to speak for the rest of the 22,000, but I'm willing to be pretty flexible about where my seats are, given the current situation and all. It would take a drastic change in my seat location to piss me off.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I'm probably wearing my mask to November games in the future anyway. I'm surprised at how warm they keep you. Not exactly looking forward to wearing a mask on 9/5 when it's 99 degrees and humid...
Here's hoping for a 7 p.m. kickoff on 9/5.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Will the ushers be regulating the flow in/out the gates in order to avoid distance regulations? Imagine being shoulder-shoulder with a hacking cough, drunk spectator .

I would think they will need to be structured in admitting fans. People will have to come in an assigned gate. Markers every 6 feet to keep separated. They may even assign entrance times to minimize congestion. I would think stadium entrances and aisles will be 1 way.

Reactions: Go2Guy

Stevetasker

Jun 25, 2011
I'm not going to speak for the rest of the 22,000, but I'm willing to be pretty flexible about where my seats are, given the current situation and all. It would take a drastic change in my seat location to piss me off.
Amen. Same here. Looking forward to being in there wherever the seats are.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
One can imagine there will be a group of people that are upset with the seats they are given. I wonder if the timing is such that they could bail out on their season tickets if they don't like their seat assignment. Maybe they will do some kind of game-by-game seat assignments so that the pain of worse seats is limited and shared.

No doubt. People love to complain. And, if they are paying a high donor level for good seats, they have the right to complain about getting moved. But you'd hope that there would be some understanding of the situation. I for one am just going to be happy to be there no matter where they put me. But you know some people will be mad.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
No doubt. People love to complain. And, if they are paying a high donor level for good seats, they have the right to complain about getting moved. But you'd hope that there would be some understanding of the situation. I for one am just going to be happy to be there no matter where they put me. But you know some people will be mad.

There has been nothing in the communication from Pollard about people being moved.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
The issue is the jabs and agendas. Maybe you're not seeing them since we have been playing whack a mole today, but that's what my statement was referring to. We already have a covid thread for most general direct covid reporting and discussion and we have a politics forum for the more politically charged arguments and petty squabbles.
The facts regarding the virus this fall, combined with my perception of the thoroughness of ISU’s risk mitigation plans will determine my attendance. Bought my tickets long ago.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa

ISU: "We understand if you choose to not renew this year, you will have your same seats in 2021."

Iowa: "Screw you fans who lost your job or wussies for not wanting to watch Iowa football amid a pandemic!"

Great Post CysRage...Keep up the good work er Posting...It really is amazing how self important the U of I thinks that their athletic dept is..... to strong arm their own FanBase.....Typical Iowa though.....

Reactions: CysRage

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
My prediction for the tailgating situation.
Formal request to not come if you do not have tickets to the game.
Heightened security.
Tickets checked along side the parking pass to ensure passengers match number of Tix.
No scalping around the stadium.
Only concrete lots open.

Reactions: beentherebefore

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron