Iowa Football Recruiting

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Thoughts on the Ball State kid?
Have not looked to much into him to be honest. I knew going into this year it was going to be a tough sell with a couple of recent pickups that had an SEC powerhouse pulling out all the stops for, so my expectations were mild.

Missed on some of the top guys, so I'm in wait and see mode for now. I know my man KOK is going to coach him up into a solid game manager level regardless if he ends up playing for us or not.

What's your first reaction on him?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Maybe Prohm breaks the rules and talks to media about recruits, but Fran certainly doesn't.
Probably because the media is scared to talk to Fran because they don't want to get suspended / reprimanded

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Probably because the media is scared to talk to Fran because they don't want to get suspended / reprimanded

Could be the case, still has to be a cause of concern that you coaches are breaking NCAA rules just to make sure they know that a kid didn't have an offer. Odd to say the least.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Could be the case, still has to be a cause of concern that you coaches are breaking NCAA rules just to make sure they know that a kid didn't have an offer. Odd to say the least.
How is Iowa State breaking the rules exactly?

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Think he's just a guy to fill a spot?

Need a QB recruit, so they think he is good enough I guess. Just odd really, as they were telling him they wanted to see him throw in person, but with the way everything is going they said well we are comfortable offering without that now. Not sure I like that, I think it is premature, you could flip this kid at anytime.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Need a QB recruit, so they think he is good enough I guess. Just odd really, as they were telling him they wanted to see him throw in person, but with the way everything is going they said well we are comfortable offering without that now. Not sure I like that, I think it is premature, you could flip this kid at anytime.
I believe we are pretty comfortable with our QB room at the moment.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
A little bit different scenario but you know that lol.

Iowa's MAC level QB could also pick up a P5 offer later as well, still won't make me any happier.

I gotta be honest, this whole thing of trying to discredit kids and their school list is a bit shady even for this site, but I guess now that is what some feel they need to do to get cover for Prohm.