Iowa Football Recruiting

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Better watch out, CyTwins gets really annoyed when you trash one of his beloved myths. If you keep this up he will simply put you on his ignore list. This way he can continue posting away in his alternative reality and be happy as a clam.

LOL, Twins can't ignore me. I am not trashing his myths/trolls, I am systematically dismantling his myths/trolls with facts. He won't let that go without a response, he will never ignore me.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
It does get old and stupid. Yet look at what Twins just said about it, this is troll of his that no matter how tired Hawk and Clone fans get of it, he is going to continue to roll with.
It is nearly impossible to believe twins believes the stuff he posts. He is remarkably consistent. It has gotten to point he is nearly a parody account.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Not his best game, but that's ok as Iowa has so many weapons, they just used those instead.

I watched the game. ISM looked good, your MAC level TE looked good and Goodson looked terrible. Nobody else was memorable offensively besides those three

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
It is nearly impossible to believe twins believes the stuff he posts. He is remarkably consistent. It has gotten to point he is nearly a parody account.

Yeah, that is a good way to put it, a parody account definitely hits the spot with what he does.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don't think anyone's trying to say Iowa doesn't have a good team. I think most people can swallow their pride and admit that. We were just disagreeing with ISM saying their offense was dangerous and explosive. It was 99th last year in total offense. If Iowa State fans said Iowa State's defense was dangerous, you guys would be going nuts, and our defense was ranked 45th last year.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I watched the game. ISM looked good, your MAC level TE looked good and Goodson looked terrible. Nobody else was memorable offensively besides those three

Just curious for future use, when does LaPorta stop being "MAC level TE"? I mean when he is getting drafted, or is this a permanent parody account label of him?

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I get you got the Cardinal and gold glasses on, but if you think Twins uses any "facts" other than cherry picked data (which he then completely ignores the same data for different purposes) then good on you for being a complete and total Twins shill. I use all data and look at it in total. Twins only uses one specific metric that suits his need for SOS. He ignores that same data for other purposes.
Twins doesn't lie. He stretches the truth. At least he uses real data to back his crap up. May it only be from one source which fits his narrative? Yea, hence why i said it's stretching the truth. But at least what he spews off is backed by data. You two spew off garage that isn't backed by anything then can't admit you lied. If you wanna use only once source for everything, that is your prerogative. But at least what you'd be saying is backed up factual information

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Yeah, that is a good way to put it, a parody account definitely hits the spot with what he does.
I put him on ignore last night. Interesting to try and follow threads wo his place holders. With twins and bear on ignore this thread cuts down to about 8 pages. Jkjkjk

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don't think anyone's trying to say Iowa doesn't have a good team. I think most people can swallow their pride and admit that. We were just disagreeing with ISM saying their offense was dangerous and explosive. It was 99th last year in total offense. If Iowa State fans said Iowa State's defense was dangerous, you guys would be going nuts, and our defense was ranked 45th last year.
What blows my mind is how bad Iowa's WRs still are. Like how can you not recruit that position at all. Even landing a grad transfer like Pettway would have completely changed their room. No clue what their strategy is there

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Just another another day..... wash, rinse and repeat.

JealousDistortedGnu-size_restricted.gif

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Twins doesn't lie. He stretches the truth. At least he uses real data to back his crap up. May it only be from one source which fits his narrative? Yea, hence why i said it's stretching the truth. But at least what he spews off is backed by data. You two spew off garage that isn't backed by anything then can't admit you lied. If you wanna use only once source for everything, that is your prerogative. But at least what you'd be saying is backed up factual information

You must not be able to read. I use all the data. There are 5 BCS bowl metrics that were used back in the day to select the National title game. Sagarin is just one of them, and Twins Cherry picked that one. I use all of them and I always say that the majority of them (3 out of the 5) say Iowa's SOS was tougher.

How is that not using facts? Sure they are facts that you don't like, but those the facts man.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Then why even mention those guys that you have little shot at?
I didn't say they didn't have a shot either. JFC man how are you not following this. You asked what players ISU was in on that were "any good" as you put it. So i gave you a list of players that ISU was in on. Pretty simple. You think Iowa is going to land every single player they are in on or whom they have been in a kids Top 5?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
What blows my mind is how bad Iowa's WRs still are. Like how can you not recruit that position at all. Even landing a grad transfer like Pettway would have completely changed their room. No clue what there strategy is there
I think Iowa has some good weapons, I just don't think they use their weapons well consistently. I'd probably link that mostly towards their scheme.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
It is funny that everyone on here universally uses 247 composite rankings on recruits, saying using one metric is just dumb. This despite the fact that ESPN ratings are factored into that composite, and they are garbage. Yet ISU fans don't want to look at a composit of 5 very good and respected SOS metrics.
Weird, because i've seen on here multiple times that Hawk fans are claiming the DeJean kid is a 4*, but his composite has him as a three star....interesting

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020

Iowa's offense put up 35 points in the bowl game. How is that possible with an offense that had 2 players that looked good, one that looked terrible and the rest that were not memorable?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I think Iowa has some good weapons, I just don't think they use their weapons well consistently. I'd probably link that mostly towards their scheme.
They don't seem to try to even have an identity there. They don't recruit size and rely on TE's for that but then just seem content to go after possession type WRs that don't make plays

Help Support Us

Become a patron