Iowa Football Recruiting

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I’ve never been in the Iowa State locker room, but we know for a fact that (1) Campbell had a clock counting down to the Iowa game in the off-season, and (2) it may or may not have been a separate clock dedicated entirely to Iowa, considering an Iowa State insider said that is in fact what happened.

I don’t disagree that it is just a motivational tactic, but don’t try to tell me that Campbell cares about every conference game more than he does the Iowa game (not directed at you in particular). I haven’t seen any evidence of a “Beat Texas Tech” or “Beat West Virginia” clock running in the off-season.
Realize this is from Friday, but thought I'd respond still. Ohio State doesn't stop using the letter P for Penn State and I doubt other schools prepare the same mentally or physically for other games like they do their rivalry. Kirk Ferentz himself has called Iowa State one of the biggest games on the schedule so stop trying to downplay it like Matt Campbell and Iowa State are the only ones who treat a rivalry game differently.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
I don't ignore anything. I prefer AP votes is all

To ignore SOS is stupid. Imagine if Iowa fans didn't bring up SOS when talking trash to Dayton fans this winter?
What good is SOS if isu still only wins 7 games playing Iowa’s schedule and Iowa wins 10 games playing isu’s?

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
CyTwins doesn’t just cherry pick which SOS metric counts and which ones don’t but he takes it a step further and says Sagarin SOS counts but you can use the Sagarin Presictor and see how isu would do with Iowa’s schedule and Iowa with isu’s. I mean if you actually do that you will see isu wins 7 games with Iowa’s Scheduke and finishes no better than Fourth in the Big Ten West whole Iowa goes 10-3 with isu’s schedule.

But CyTwins and other clone fans ignore that all that because it renders their SOS argument utterly meaningless.

Totally true, his cherry picking knows no bounds. Hawk fans on the other hand embrace all the metrics and look at all of them. I haven't dismissed any of them, as they are all useful. Only the ignorant would just dismiss them out of hand (or for cherry picking purposes).

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
Realize this is from Friday, but thought I'd respond still. Ohio State doesn't stop using the letter P for Penn State and I doubt other schools prepare the same mentally or physically for other games like they do their rivalry. Kirk Ferentz himself has called Iowa State one of the biggest games on the schedule so stop trying to downplay it like Matt Campbell and Iowa State are the only ones who treat a rivalry game differently.

I don’t think in the real world Iowa nor isu actually prepare or view the game any differently. It is CyTwins who uses the Super Bowl argument for why isu hasn’t won lately.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

The whole Super bowl thing is played out and tired, so it makes sense Twins continues to troll the hell out of it.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
It is funny that everyone on here universally uses 247 composite rankings on recruits, saying using one metric is just dumb. This despite the fact that ESPN ratings are factored into that composite, and they are garbage. Yet ISU fans don't want to look at a composit of 5 very good and respected SOS metrics.

Wait, I thought we just used offers here?

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
What good is SOS if isu still only wins 7 games playing Iowa’s schedule and Iowa wins 10 games playing isu’s?

True, hey @CyTwins the Sagarin predictor says ISU wins 7 games with Iowa's schedule, and that Iowa wins 10 games with ISU's schedule. So does his SOS ranking even matter if this is the case? I mean I'm not into discrediting metrics, but this seems odd, that neither teams wins totals change if schedules were flipped.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don’t think in the real world Iowa nor isu actually prepare or view the game any differently. It is CyTwins who uses the Super Bowl argument for why isu hasn’t won lately.
Both teams view the game differently as do most teams when playing against a rival. Maybe they don't prepare differently but there is a different feel going into a rivalry game than other games. The game feels bigger than other games, probably along the lines of playing a ranked opponent.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Both teams view the game differently as do most teams when playing against a rival. Maybe they don't prepare differently but there is a different feel going into a rivalry game than other games. The game feels bigger than other games, probably along the lines of playing a ranked opponent.

Yeah, Iowa players talk about how tough Ames is to play it, and how ramped up the fans are. I doubt other Big12 teams feel that way.

It is a rivalry game, a big one for both teams. I mean there has to be other ISU poster who get tired of Twins constant tired and boring trolls about this, right?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
True, hey @CyTwins the Sagarin predictor says ISU wins 7 games with Iowa's schedule, and that Iowa wins 10 games with ISU's schedule. So does his SOS ranking even matter if this is the case? I mean I'm not into discrediting metrics, but this seems odd, that neither teams wins totals change if schedules were flipped.

What 6 losses does Iowa State have with Iowa's schedule? Iowa State would be a pick em on a neutral field with USC and that's with Slovis lol

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah, Iowa players talk about how tough Ames is to play it, and how ramped up the fans are. I doubt other Big12 teams feel that way.

It is a rivalry game, a big one for both teams. I mean there has to be other ISU poster who get tired of Twins constant tired and boring trolls about this, right?
I'm tired of fans on both sides who consistently try to prove the game means more to the other side. It just gets old lol.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
What 6 losses does Iowa State have with Iowa's schedule? Iowa State would be a pick em on a neutral field with USC and that's with Slovis lol

According to the Sagarin predictor isu loses to Iowa, Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota and USC.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I'm tired of fans on both sides who consistently try to prove the game means more to the other side. It just gets old lol.

It does get old and stupid. Yet look at what Twins just said about it, this is troll of his that no matter how tired Hawk and Clone fans get of it, he is going to continue to roll with.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

I doubt ISU gets to Slovis and knocks him out of the game. You don't have anyone like AJ that can take over a game like he did. Interesting that now you want to disagree with Sagarin, seems like cherry picking yet again.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It does get old and stupid. Yet look at what Twins just said about it, this is troll of his that no matter how tired Hawk and Clone fans get of it, he is going to continue to roll with.
Twins is free to do whatever he would like to do. Nothing I can do about it. I don't have to agree with everything he posts to still like the guy.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Why do you care what Twins says? And he you? Seriously. You both are weird AF.

Reactions: TrianglePlace

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron