***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

Snydes

May 16, 2006
Ames
https://redstormsports.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/lj-figueroa/3612

Led the team and ranked 12th in the BIG EAST with 14.5 points per game… led the league and ranked 36th nationally with 1.94 steals per game… scored in double figures a team-high 22 times with six showings of 20-plus points… netted 15 or more points 17 times… recorded two double-doubles on the season… sank 72 triples, tied for third on the program’s single-season record list in that category… ranked eighth in the BIG EAST with 2.3 made 3-point field goals per game… finished second on the team and 13th in the league in three-point percentage (36.5%)... the only member of the team to start all 32 games… tallied 18 points and four steals in his season debut against Mercer (Nov. 6)… matched a then-career high with 25 points against New Hampshire (Nov. 12)… recorded his first double-double of the season with 14 points and 10 boards against Vermont (Nov. 16)… netted 23 points against Brown (Dec. 10)… tallied a team-high 21 points and three steals in the Red Storm’s win over No. 16/17 Arizona in San Francisco (Dec. 21)… scored 23 points at Georgetown (Jan. 8)… matched a St. John’s single-game BIG EAST record with seven 3-pointers and finished with a career-high 28 points in the team’s win at DePaul (Jan. 25)… scored 19 points and came away with four steals in the Red Storm’s win over Providence (Feb. 12)… tallied 16 points and 12 rebounds in the victory over No. 10/11 Creighton (March 1)… scored a game-high 22 points in the Red Storm’s BIG EAST Tournament win over Georgetown (March 11).

Reactions: Statefan10

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Wow, that’s a huge addition to the market. Looks like he’s from Florida, maybe there’s a connection with Kane there hopefully. Also even though it doesn’t look like he’s a grad transfer, you’d think he’d have a good shot of playing next year if it’s true that the ncaa will be more lenient with guys coming from covid heavy areas like NYC

My first thought was Nebby, I am sure Matt A. helped recruit him to St. John's. It was reported that St. John's bowed out to the Manmoth transfer spot 2 weeks ago due to expecting no players leaving. I assume some one convinced L.J. to change his mind, likely he has a new school pretty much decided.
That isn't to say the staff shouldn't call and see but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
My first thought was Nebby, I am sure Matt A. helped recruit him to St. John's. It was reported that St. John's bowed out to the Manmoth transfer spot 2 weeks ago due to expecting no players leaving. I assume some one convinced L.J. to change his mind, likely he has a new school pretty much decided.
That isn't to say the staff shouldn't call and see but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Good point. I don’t think Nebraska has any spots left but we all know that hasn’t stopped Fred in the past

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

That was exactly what I thought when I saw "STJU" on this one.

This one looks like a Matt A. special, even if still worth making the call.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Interesting...

@NYPost_Brazille Schools have been in LJ Figueroa's ear that he would be able to get a waiver if he transferred based on the coronavirus's impact in NYC. Huge news that he's in the portal obviously. #sjubb

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Not sure I buy IW coming to Ames but FWIW.

https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/05...ams-target-iona-transfer-isaiah-washington/4/
Isaiah Washington is the latest guard entrant in the NCAA Basketball portal.

As a former member of the high school phenomenon “Jelly Fam”, there was a ton of fanfare for Washington and others as they enter college. But it hasn’t completely worked out, which will factor in the teams who’ll make a run for the former Gael. And considering that he already received a waiver to play for Iona this past season, the odds are great that Washington will have to sit out the upcoming year, with just one season of eligibility left.

While there will be other programs certainly involved going forward, here’s an early look at six programs that could use Washington when he’s able to play.
BYU, ISU, Manhattan, Rutgers SH and St. Johns

Iowa State Cyclones
Just like BYU, Iowa State has been in the portal in an effort to find any combination of guards to replace the massive level of production that Tyrese Haliburton provided. They did land sit-out transfer Tyler Harris from Memphis, along with recently grabbing DePaul graduate Jalen Coleman-Lands.
The Cyclones can still add one more guard for the 2021-22 roster, particularly if Rasir Bolton bolts for the pros a year from now. The program has to be realistic about who they can target and while Washington doesn’t have the greatest history at the power conference level, he can be a serviceable asset for depth purposes for this program, even for just one year.
https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/official-2019-2020-transfer-thread.250935/page-202

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/05...ams-target-iona-transfer-isaiah-washington/4/

As a former member of the high school phenomenon “Jelly Fam”, there was a ton of fanfare for Washington and others as they enter college. But it hasn’t completely worked out, which will factor in the teams who’ll make a run for the former Gael. And considering that he already received a waiver to play for Iona this past season, the odds are great that Washington will have to sit out the upcoming year, with just one season of eligibility left.

While there will be other programs certainly involved going forward, here’s an early look at six programs that could use Washington when he’s able to play.

Iowa State Cyclones
Just like BYU, Iowa State has been in the portal in an effort to find any combination of guards to replace the massive level of production that Tyrese Haliburton provided. They did land sit-out transfer Tyler Harris from Memphis, along with recently grabbing DePaul graduate Jalen Coleman-Lands.
The Cyclones can still add one more guard for the 2021-22 roster, particularly if Rasir Bolton bolts for the pros a year from now. The program has to be realistic about who they can target and while Washington doesn’t have the greatest history at the power conference level, he can be a serviceable asset for depth purposes for this program, even for just one year.
https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/official-2019-2020-transfer-thread.250935/page-202

these busting brackets articles are totally just freelance, clickbait, casual fan write ups with zero semblance of insider info

you and i could write lists for this site

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
these busting brackets articles are totally just freelance, clickbait, casual fan write ups with zero semblance of insider info

you and i could write lists for this site
Please do! I don’t need facts to get excited about the possibilities.

Reactions: Messi

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006

Iowa State Cyclones
Agree that I don’t see him at ISU. Would be shocked. Watched him play for Minn., and he didn’t bring much to the court. Seemed to look more for his shot than to pass, and he was a bad shooter.