Grant Miniseries

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Really looking forward to three part Grant, bio/pic starting on History Channel tonight. Highly underrated American General and hero. Should be good.

Disappointed. Not about Horace Grant!

cyson

Jun 24, 2007
Really looking forward to three part Grant, bio/pic starting on History Channel tonight. Highly underrated American General and hero. Should be good.
Could they have worked in a few more commercials?

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Which of the thee did you like the best?

Gettysburg, actually. A lot more to see there. Their museum of artifacts that were found there is extensive. I was particularly fascinated by a story the guide told of one of the artifacts found a couple of years after the battle in Devil's Den. It was a confederate sharpshooter's rifle and shortly before we visited, a couple passed through and recognized the gun as belonging to one of their ancestors. That claim was subsequently verified. If I remember correctly, the ancestor survived the battle, but lost his gun in the chaos.

Last edited:

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Grant is the best. It always bothered me how much we celebrated traitors like Robert E. Lee and seem to forget about Grant.

Especially compared to other Union generals, specifically McClellan who was a complete p**** and showpony.

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
My only beef is that they took a good, 45 minute show and turned it into a 2 hour show with all of the commercials. Holy ****!