Iowa Football Recruiting

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
LOL, you are reaching so hard here. But if you wanna be one of those who bash other schools for 2nd chances, but are ok with your own coach giving them then that fits most on here, but I thought you better than that.

I fully support the idea of giving second chances in most cases. But the idea is that you are especially stringent giving them because you put your credibility on the line. Now I am just finding out that Fran did that only to have the guy get kicked off the team before they got his last name screened on his Hawk jersey. That is an absolute disaster. All I have heard about Young since he has been on campus is that he got a 3.5 GPA this year. You see the difference there?

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I sure hope so. High ceiling kid
He has a CB to Minnesota, but he is going to take some time. Also, Minne is going to have 3 DE commits by then, so that may affect their recruitment.

Staff is very high on him and pushing hard. He's in the category of freak like McDonald

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
He has a CB to Minnesota, but he is going to take some time. Also, Minne is going to have 3 DE commits by then, so that may affect their recruitment.

Staff is very high on him and pushing hard. He's in the category of freak like McDonald

If we are only getting one between him and Hanson I would prefer Hanson since I think his frame can support more good weight which fits the 3-3-5 best. However I would take both lol.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Depends on if he is still a take for Minnesota after they get a commitment from Austin Booker. If Minnesota still has room for him, it seems pretty likely that Townley will be a Gopher.
They took 5 DE's last cycle. 4 this cycle would be quite a bit for a 4-3 scheme.

Trieu said his crystal ball was due to his conversations with Townley and his feel.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I am pretty sure we won’t take 2 DE commits before Bollers makes his choice. The staff feels like we are right in it with him. Stone Eby from Texas is another DE to keep an eye on.
Well, Bollers is gonna commit before any of them. We should know before the end of June where he is going.

Reactions: Crookedhatkid

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
I am pretty sure we won’t take 2 DE commits before Bollers makes his choice. The staff feels like we are right in it with him. Stone Eby from Texas is another DE to keep an eye on.
Are we recruiting Bollers as a DE though? I thought he was pretty set on being a LB.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Well, pre fry Iowa set a record for most consecutive losing seasons, so that’s pretty stupid to say.

you’re not a realist. You’re exactly what Iowa fans want. A true little brother.

and it’s amazing how you’re nowhere to be found when we are winning, other than to complain about a play call here and there.

As I figured... you couldn't answer my ONE simple question. Figures.

I have praised the team, coaches, and fans after wins on here, but it's usually just a post or two saying "great win today?", etc. It's true I don't go on and on praising them beyond a post or two.

But yes, on losses, especially ones I think we could have won, I tend to over analyze in several posts what we could have done better.

I should do better on praising the team after wins, I will admit that. I tend to say "good job", and move on.

So can you answer my question now, or no? Is Iowa's football program better than ISU's, or are you too drunk on gold and cardinal kool-aid that you can't see straight?

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Are we recruiting Bollers as a DE though? I thought he was pretty set on being a LB.

DE all the way. He doesn’t have anywhere near the athletic profile to play OLB in our defense. OLBs in our defense have to do a ton of coverage. Bollers is a pass rusher.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
As I figured... you couldn't answer my ONE simple question. Figures.

I have praised the team, coaches, and fans after wins on here, but it's usually just a post or two saying "great win today?", etc. It's true I don't go on and on praising them beyond a post or two.

But yes, on losses, especially ones I think we could have won, I tend to over analyze in several posts what we could have done better.

I should do better on praising the team after wins, I will admit that. I tend to say "good job", and move on.

So can you answer my question now, or no? Is Iowa's football program better than ISU's, or are you too drunk on gold and cardinal kool-aid that you can't see straight?

I think anyone with a brain would say they have a better program ATM. If you don't think so you should be institutionalized. However rome wasn't built in a day so give CMC some time and we'll be there.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron