***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

May 6, 2020
I'm wondering if there is a window that waivers are reviewed. Waivers may not be completed until players are allowed on campus, but I'm wondering what's that window for review and response

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
If it's like Bolton last summer we should know anytime between 2-14 weeks. The eta will get pushed back 6 times and we're just crossing some t's and dotting some i's.
Rasir Bolton committed 5/28 and his waiver approval was announced 9/24

so it might be awhile

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Rasir Bolton committed 5/28 and his waiver approval was announced 9/24

so it might be awhile

Should know something in 2 more weeks. -Steve Prohm when giving an update during the summer

I swear he was quoted as saying they should know something in a few weeks and then we found out like a month later that Bolton's waiver request hadn't even been submitted.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
The waiver process is pretty hit or miss and a joke. Sometimes the grant one for some reason, and deny them even if it’s for a good reason. We’ve had luck lately and I hope it continues.

Reactions: JVAR

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I hope ISU has a good chance with Gach. Anyone else see some Abdul Nader in him? That would be a home run of a spring with Harris, Coleman-Lands, and Gach.
I think they are sitting very good with Justin Smith from Indiana as well. If somehow Prohm could pull off getting those 4 it would arguably be the best transfer class ever. It would be an A+ recruiting cycle in my book.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brandon

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I hope ISU has a good chance with Gach. Anyone else see some Abdul Nader in him? That would be a home run of a spring with Harris, Coleman-Lands, and Gach.

Gach isn’t really like Nader... Gach is a Shayok clone.. But Gach played a lot of PG at Utah..He’s a 6’5 guard with good ball skills who can light it up.. he’d be a home run..

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Gach isn’t really like Nader... Gach is a Shayok clone.. But Gach played a lot of PG at Utah..He’s a 6’5 guard with good ball skills who can light it up.. he’d be a home run..
Shayok was a way better 3pt shooter coming out of UVA. Gach only shot 25%.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
In your mind, what does he need to accomplish at a bottom half P5 job to be considered elite?

Well maybe not have a 4-5 career record against such a low life bum like Steve Prohm. Being serious.......he is a GREAT coach. I think "elite" gets thrown around a bit much. Give him a few more seasons before he gets that tag. I don't think the coach K's of the world received that honor after just 5-6 seasons.

Reactions: isu83

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Well maybe not have a 4-5 career record against such a low life bum like Steve Prohm. Being serious.......he is a GREAT coach. I think "elite" gets thrown around a bit much. Give him a few more seasons before he gets that tag. I don't think the coach K's of the world received that honor after just 5-6 seasons.

Agree. Coach K and them did it over the course of years. Not a few years. We could have considered guys like Billy Gillespie after a few years but that didn’t last. I would say sustain it for ten years and we can gloss him elite

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I’m fact his resume the first four years at Tech is very similar to Bruce Weber’s First four years at Illinois. Would you all consider Weber to be elite? I mean he has made the finals, elite 8, won sever big ten and big 12 championships.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Weber_(basketball)
Would you consider that an apt comparison?

Subjective assessments generally require some ability to recognize context. You’re probably too young to recall Bruce followed Self. He inherited success.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I’m fact his resume the first four years at Tech is very similar to Bruce Weber’s First four years at Illinois. Would you all consider Weber to be elite? I mean he has made the finals, elite 8, won sever big ten and big 12 championships.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Weber_(basketball)

Webber took over for Bill Self and won with Self’s guys while Beard took over for Tubby Smith and rebuilt his own roster. You called a 27-10 (Elite 8team) one of his many mediocre seasons.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015

Wow, that’s a huge addition to the market. Looks like he’s from Florida, maybe there’s a connection with Kane there hopefully. Also even though it doesn’t look like he’s a grad transfer, you’d think he’d have a good shot of playing next year if it’s true that the ncaa will be more lenient with guys coming from covid heavy areas like NYC