Q&A: Coleman-Lands goes in-depth on his commitment to Iowa State

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Enjoyed that very much. Jalen sounds like a very high quality individual. He'll represent Iowa State very well. Welcome Jalen!

Reactions: bozclone

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Sounds like a smart guy that understands what it takes to win. Yes, that was the most cliche basketball quote ever, but it’s what came to mind first...omg, that makes me cliche.

Cyclone560

May 25, 2017
The fact that he focused on leadership and work ethic when talking about his fit is exciting. Love him from a talent standpoint but if he can also bring some additional leadership and maturity that would be great and it seems like that will be a big focus for him. Could be mostly talk but I'm optimistic, from the whole interview he seems like a really polished and mature kid. So excited to have gotten him.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Sounds like almost an ideal fit culture wise coming from a more rural setting and tight knit boarding school. Seems like he should've committed a month ago just from hearing what he was looking for

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
The fact that he focused on leadership and work ethic when talking about his fit is exciting. Love him from a talent standpoint but if he can also bring some additional leadership and maturity that would be great and it seems like that will be a big focus for him. Could be mostly talk but I'm optimistic, from the whole interview he seems like a really polished and mature kid. So excited to have gotten him.
That's what I got out of the interview also. His qualities are things that help build a cohesive unit that can then use talent to produce a winning combination.

Last edited: