Jalen Coleman-Lands Commits to ISU

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Huge news! Love his game! One thing that cant be overlooked our potential top 6-7 in the rotation are upperclassmen next year. Experience is enormous in college bball.

Harris - JR (If Immediately eligible)
Bolton - JR
Coleman-Lands - 6th year SR
Johnson - RS JR
Young - RS SR
Conditt - JR

That is a ton of experience with an influx of young talent as well.

With that many solid players as upperclassmen, any freshmen that plays should be really good. Especially if you throw guys like Gach and Smith in the mix.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
They seem confident from what I've heard but I don't think his case is as strong as Bolton's but they knew Bolton was getting his

Bolton’s chance at a waiver was 85-90% given the backstory. In a normal year I would put Harris at 40-45%. However with Co-Vid the NCAA will be more liberal. I would put it at 55% that he gets the waiver. It would be a heck of a turnaround if the staff can get Gach or Smith.

Reactions: isutrevman

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
It just seems crazy to me for the NCAA not to get the 1-time waivers done this year, because they're going to have a million other things to deal with concerning COVID-19, but that's just me I guess.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Bolton’s chance at a waiver was 85-90% given the backstory. In a normal year I would put Harris at 40-45%. However with Co-Vid the NCAA will be more liberal. I would put it at 55% that he gets the waiver. It would be a heck of a turnaround if the staff can get Gach or Smith.
Is Gach a sitout? He would fit in perfectly for 2021-22. I think he’s Minnesota bound.

Smith basically is hoping for a Nader senior year improvement. There’s no better opportunity than what he’d have under Prohm. He’d be surrounded by good teammates, but with the usage available that he needs.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
All the whines about CF becoming “snobbish” between the “haves” and the “have nots” is preemptive by the “have nots.” It’s not like they’re missing anything. They get the same content besides some recruiting news a little earlier than they would otherwise.

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think it’s CW using hyperbole for salesmanship, but it’s a sobering thought
A guy that’s been a role player on bad teams is now our most talented player? We’ve got a ways to go.

At least we’re not thinking he’s a pg anymore.
I know it's not the same but Craig Brackins played on some baaaaad teams.

Good programs wanted JCL, I'm staying positive about his commitment.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I know it's not the same but Craig Brackins played on some baaaaad teams.

Good programs wanted JCL, I'm staying positive about his commitment.
You’re right, it’s not the same.

I’m positive about the commitment. Not positive on the notion he might be our best player. He hasn’t shown to be the type.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It just seems crazy to me for the NCAA not to get the 1-time waivers done this year, because they're going to have a million other things to deal with concerning COVID-19, but that's just me I guess.
I agree. But predicting what that screwed up organization will do is next to impossible. Maybe it’s pessimistic but I won’t have good feelings about it until it’s official.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Amazing what one grad transfer can do to the optimism of a fanbase. He committed on Mat 23rd. Didnt Kane commit on May 25th?

I'll leave it to the rest of you to bring the optimism. Just a few posts ago we are talking about needing a point guard and being very short in height
. That sounds like another bottom of the conference finish to me.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I'll leave it to the rest of you to bring the optimism. Just a few posts ago we are talking about needing a point guard and being very short in height
. That sounds like another bottom of the conference finish to me.
But we are not very short in height. Tre and potentially Harris are short at 5'9 and a generous 6'1 but after that there is not a height problem. We will have multiple guys in the 6'4-6'7 range plus a 7 footer and guy who I swear to god is 6'11 or above but is listed at 6'10 lol

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron