Waco (Netflix)

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
IIRC correctly it was the ATFs "failure" at Ruby Ridge which put them in a position of needing a "win"...at least that's how the series portrayed the events. The "win" would come from rescuing the child brides and children trapped on the Branch Davidian compound not to mention confiscating all the weapons stored there.

Pretty much right on. Ruby Ridge was a colossal failure. The ATF wanted to redeem themselves. The Branch Davidians needed to be investigated, and and Koresh probably needed to be arrested. But instead of arresting him as he walked down the street in Waco they showed up with half an army at the front door. They even failed at that as the Davidians knew they were coming and were able to bunker down. In trying to look good after Ruby Ridge, they failed on an even bigger level and stage.

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
Anything proposed did not require anywhere near the amount of force used.

The ATF believed the Branch Davidians were stockpiling weapons on a large scale. And they did indeed have a pretty large inventory. One of the ways they raised money was by selling at gun shows. Hind sight is 20/20 and all, but Koresh frequently left the compound. His band played in clubs around the area in addition to the gun shows. If the weapon stockpile was such a concern it doesn't make sense why they didn't arrest him away from the compound and the weapons.

RealisticCy

Nov 2, 2014
Ames, IA
Agreed. The Unabomber series was presented very well. The combo of interviews while looking back at the trajectory of everything was great.

Are you talking about "Unabomber: In his own words"....? Don't think I've caught that one yet.

There was a series with Sam Worthington in it as well, Manhunt...it was dramatized but focused on the investigation into finding out who was doing it.

Damn solid series.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Are you talking about "Unabomber: In his own words"....? Don't think I've caught that one yet.

There was a series with Sam Worthington in it as well, Manhunt...it was dramatized but focused on the investigation into finding out who was doing it.

Damn solid series.

Yes, I'm referring to "In his own words". A documentary combined with a real jailhouse interview.

I also watched Manhunt. It was good as well, but not the same type of show.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I watched it when it came out. It was good. The feds looked really bad in it.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I know there is some beef on how they portray Koresh in it, but my god Taylor Kitsch killed that role. Really good acting all around.
When I first saw the actor's name I thought you were talking about the guy that played the werewolf that fell in love with the vampire baby and I thought, "There's no way that dude can act that well." Taylor Kitsch makes more sense.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron