Football seats are protected UPDATE 6.1.20

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
If i had to guess, season ticket holders with a high donor level will get in first assuming they can’t hold games at full capacity. Doesn’t bode well for me

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I haven't renewed our season ticket orders yet, but we had planned too this weekend. We sit in the South endzone but do not donate, but have had season tickets for over ten years.
I figure if we do not get to go this fall, then ISU will do the right thing and credit my account for next year. Plan on ordering this weekend before the cut off period.

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
Entering and exiting the stadium will be interesting as well. I heard speculation that exiting the stadium could be like exiting a wedding ceremony, except we probably won't get to give coach Campbell a hug on the way out.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Entering and exiting the stadium will be interesting as well. I heard speculation that exiting the stadium could be like exiting a wedding ceremony, except we probably won't get to give coach Campbell a hug on the way out.

So it will take 2 hours to exit the stadium when dismissed by row and another hour or two to get out of the parking lots. Enjoy!
JIMLAD.png

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
That was my question! Also, if you renew and seating is limited you may be the few to get in. Jamie also referred to 50% capacity several times.

We renewed right away so if this is true, we should be in if that is going to be the case. Just so many things to consider and work through for the athletic department.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
So it will take 2 hours to exit the stadium when dismissed by row and another hour or two to get out of the parking lots. Enjoy!
JIMLAD.png
Funny. If they are dismissing a few rows at a time from a half full stadium the traffic outside the stadium should be pretty much non-existent.

Personally, I generally tailgate in the parking lot a minimum of 2-3 hours after the game so traffic is never an issue.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Its not about safe...its about giving people options. If you want to venture out you have thw option. If you want to watch on TV that's ok too.

You still have those options. That's the thing about re-opening. You don't have to go anywhere if you don't want to.

I agree that if 60,000 isn't safe, neither is 30,000.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
He also said that if you do renew and aren't comfortable going they will either issue a full refund or apply your money to 2021 tickets..

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I'll have to watch the replay of this some time.

Someone mentioned concessions and bathrooms, I don't think you really have a choice about restrooms as that would be an ADA issue if you did not have some open. Could see some portable options being brought in to increase the number of stalls available too. If it wasn't for the clear bag policies you could technically just let people bring in their own food and drinks but I don't see that likely happening for various reasons as it would just be another hold up to screening when you enter. I would imagine that concessions would be a lot like our cafeteria at work is right now with limited options and everything will be pre-made and come in closed containers so there is minimal handling done. Likely have some kind of distancing protocols for the lines too. I guess if you have a half empty stadium the lines and congestion wouldn't be as bad as usual either.

All I know is it is going to be really depressing if we don't have some form of somewhat normal college football this fall. My season tickets are already renewed so I guess that is good that at least there will be some options if we have fans in the stands. Was just texting with 1 of my friends that has tickets with me that drives nearly 3 hours on game days to get to Ames how if they play games without fans we may have to come up with some kind of plan of our own to visit each other and have back yard tailgating and game watches if it comes down to that.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Anticipate the 30,000 will have donation level figured in. Probably not first come, first served

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
My group was actually planning on increasing donation levels to get to better seats. So what happens if we move in to seats that are "protected" seats? We get the boot next year?

I would assume that whatever seating arrangement we have this fall will be different for this one season anyway, so it may just be that you won't select new "long term" seats until the following season.

Also keep in mind that depending what level you are in there aren't always seats to move up to. Many people are already sitting a level lower than they donate. Depends what you want, you can probably find two together, but if you want four it's a challenge to move up.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I think this fall they will end up allowing all to show up. Just think you will see a lot of games around 50k or so. Reduced attendance will be typical across the country.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I think this fall they will end up allowing all to show up. Just think you will see a lot of games around 50k or so. Reduced attendance will be typical across the country.

No chance in hell that happens.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Maybe it wouldn't have been so deadly if they had locked down?

This thread is about how forward thinking that our athletic department is. If you want to talk Covid-19 / Spanish flu go to one of those threads.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron