Little Wednesday evening fun. Pick 3

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Waffle and curly fries are overrated. Only good thing about curly fries are that they’re usually seasoned with something other than salt.

Cheese fries by itself? Disgusting wall spackle masquerading as cheese that only 7 year olds eat. If you’re gonna do it, put some chili on there like a grown up.

Belgian fries are one of the worst inventions, it’s just a crapload of mayo on top of your fries. Mayo is awful. Should be banned from all restaurants and grocery stores like ranch needs to be.

Where poutine on here? Missing a culinary classic that slaps. Sorry Canada, they forgot about you AGAIN.

Tator tots are hashbrowns with extra work and just get soggy in the middle. Horribly overrated as well.

My 3? Remember your C’s

Crinkle Cut is a civilized man’s French fry. The surface ratio allows for pockets of perfectly crisp fries and allows the potato to actually cook all the way through.

Chips are something the British do right and it would be wise to learn from our ancestors. They’re a better version of a steak fry or is a steak fry a worse version of a chip? Either way, these versatile fries go with almost any meal. They’re small enough to have as a snack or a side with a sandwich but thick enough to be your starch portion of a full Sunday roast. They hold condiments well if that floats your boat.

Chili cheese fries If you’re going to ruin your crunchy fries, might as well make it worth it. A combination of chili and cheese is a classic seen through the ages of time from hot dogs to Frito pies. Much better than that congealed pile of crap you would find on just cheese fries.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
This is actually pretty good. I'd say 1, 3, 13, with honorable mention going to 6, AND would be in my top 3 but not listed, hashbrowns.

Tater tots arent a fry though.

Also, fun fact, I believe Ore Ida is the only company that can call them tater tots

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
1,3, and 5.... with this if you’re including cheese fries or chili cheese fries you need to include poutine. If poutine is included that makes my top 3. Some of the good fries can be ruined pretty quick if they’re not cooked right

Reactions: Farnsworth

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Waffle
Standard (or whatever they were called. Not gonna page back to look)
Cheese

So how long until this order is delivered? I'm getting hungry.

Tater tots are fine, but they have to be slightly overcooked. In fact all fries are better slightly overcooked. Undercooked/soggy fries are the worst.

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
1, 6, and tie between sweet potato and wedges. Both are very hit or miss on how they are prepared if they are good or trash.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
If anyone says #7 shoestring, they are mafia.

haha, was just eyeballing the choices and thinking #7 was my clear favorite over the other 12. I guess I'm more a chip guy than a fry guy.

1. 7
2. 4
3. 10

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
haha, was just eyeballing the choices and thinking #7 was my clear favorite over the other 12. I guess I'm more a chip guy than a fry guy.

1. 7
2. 4
3. 10

Me also!

1. 7
2. 4
3. ummm 9 maybe?

Oh, and @bsaltyman ...I took down my “disagree” rating because I know you were kidding around, but I want you to know, I STRONGLY disagree with your sentiment :D

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron