Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
image.ashx

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
MrsWx has the idea that we are going to become tent campers. We have done it before and a couple of nights up at Osh with LittleWx but never with LilMissSassyPants. Now we are window shopping for a family tent.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
TIL that condoms are a political discussion and should be discussed in the cave.

I get more confused every day it seems.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
@Cybirdy do you guys still like your ninja bar?

Used the French press a couple times since covid but seems to bother me now, dh thinks it might be the grounds or something. Idk. I've been putting off a different fancier one cause hey we'll be back at work some point but couple convos this week make me think it's unlikely I'm back at the office this year. So I'm back to looking again like I did when baby was brand new.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Mowed the yard last evening.....I cannot recall a year when the grass in my lawn has seeded at so short a height. Normally the grass doesn't form seeds until it gets 5-6" long, but even after I mowed there were seed tops still showing.

But that's a good thing. If nature does some overseeding, then I don't have to. :)

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Have discovered a place called the WEI Institute, a group of physicians who have created holistic medications from groups of herbs, to treat chronic lung conditions. They appear to be legit, with many testimonials to the positive effects on patients.

Cost is high - about $1000 per month - and I'd need 2-3 months of treatment at my present stage of affliction. But at this point, I'm figuring what do I have to lose? I could always start a GoFundMe page. ;)

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames

Used the French press a couple times since covid but seems to bother me now, dh thinks it might be the grounds or something. Idk. I've been putting off a different fancier one cause hey we'll be back at work some point but couple convos this week make me think it's unlikely I'm back at the office this year. So I'm back to looking again like I did when baby was brand new.

We still like ours, use it at least once a day. The part we love the most is the stainless steel carafe (as opposed to just a glass carafe). I make a full carafe in the morning, then we each pour into our travel mugs. That leaves about 1c left. I either use that as iced coffee later in the day or make a new iced coffee in the afternoon. I used to buy whole bean and grind it, now we just use whatever we can get relatively cheap.

Reactions: cowgirl836

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
We still like ours, use it at least once a day. The part we love the most is the stainless steel carafe (as opposed to just a glass carafe). I make a full carafe in the morning, then we each pour into our travel mugs. That leaves about 1c left. I either use that as iced coffee later in the day or make a new iced coffee in the afternoon. I used to buy whole bean and grind it, now we just use whatever we can get relatively cheap.

I was re-reading when I first asked in late summer of '18 and that's what you were doing then was grinding your own beans. That's good to know on the stainless vs. glass because I had no idea which I would pick there.

The only downside I see is it doesn't do espresso and those tend to be the drinks I like but it sounds like it can do just a more concentrated coffee that "fakes" espresso which is probably fine.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I bought a new but simple old fashioned coffee maker back in December and like it. The amount of coffee I get for the price is hard to beat.

Got a reusable filter and that's a game changer for clean up.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
An hour ago someone sent me an IM about working on a project and wanting to know how to engage me, I replied what's the project?
No reply so far

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
We grind Dunkin Donuts beans and have gotten spoiled. There's just no comparison. Plus the vixen keeps the beans in the freezer.

Am I a coffee snob?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I had always heard how amazing Dunkin Donuts coffee was. I tried it once and was unimpressed.

Don't @ me.
Used to love DD regular coffee back in high school.
Last time I tried it I got it black and it was awful

I just figured it was all the cream and sugar in their regular that made it so good.
I just use the Folgers coffee singles that looks like a tea bag.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Milo got his last dose of antibiotics tonight!!!!!! Yay!!!
Yay!
BTW, we haven't been able to get out and dig more coneflowers yet. I need less wet ground and more sun. And time during daylight.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I need to get out and mow today or tomorrow. Forecast shows chance of rain Thursday - Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron