***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
I’d rather bank a schollie or two, or get two sit outs and either get some mid year transfers(McKay/Burton) or sit outs like Fred’s first year and go from there. Prohm likely survives next off season anyways so might at well build up for a run.
Not a great strategy, while the number of teams with scholarships available shrinks there are not many impact mid year guys...looking at Borzello’s mid year rankings there was 1 (James Akinjo) and he went to Arizona

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Any knowledge of what sitouts we’re in on? Redshirt transfers compete for room with 2021 recruits, and we seem to hear more about that activity recently.

Holding spots open is okay in theory, but only if you actually get mid-year guys. Another season with unused scholarships isn’t a good trend imo.

I don’t think he’s intentionally holding back scholarships. Just keeps missing.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I misinterpreted your comment of “I’d rather bank scholarships

That sounded like suggesting you’d like to see Prohm intentionally holding a couple back. You didn’t mean that?

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Bank the 3 schollies, I love it.

That happens then Prohm has simply submitted to this season being a wash...Which is unacceptable.

Assuming T Harris cant be eligible...Need a PG transfer and possible another SG transfer.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

I think the class missed on some selected targets who would have immediately helped next years team and landed Harris who was one of their main ones.
The whole ISU is 1 for 30 on transfers is an overstatement as we've learned just because a player reports contact it doesn't mean the staff has offer all the players.
I am pretty confident the staff will fill 2 more schollys in the next couple of months and maybe bank one but now is being selective and going to settle.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I misinterpreted your comment of “I’d rather bank scholarships

That sounded like suggesting you’d like to see Prohm intentionally holding a couple back. You didn’t mean that?

Id rather bank it and hope something comes up than take someone who wouldn’t contribute.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I'll admit it's odd to have 3 schollies left and I think the idea that Prohm has missed out on basically all of his targets so far is true but I'm not sure who people think he should have taken. The reality is, other than hitting on some combo of 3/4 guys like Carton, Turner, Brown and JCL, which would have been impossible, next year was still going to be dependent on if the freshmen or Johnson were legit.

I think its easy to look at the open schollies and think rebuild/reload but it was more nuanced than that, especially with the uncertainty of sit out eligibility. I doubt he wanted to recruit over the fr before they even get on campus just to take a gamble on a low major kid. It looks like it was either go hard on the big names or let the freshmen have their shot, take your chances and build towards 21/22.

Harris was a great add, JCL would be even better, that team would no doubt be frustrating at times but it would be more competitive and more fun to watch than last year. By the time the season kicks off, I think most of us could be convinced that team could compete for a tourney spot.

Reactions: Sigmapolis

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
View attachment 71987

Most of their best players were seniors.

That 6'3" freshman guard (Davis) had... zero attempts from three.

That 6'2" junior (Pipes) was 52/117 for 44.4% for three, though, which is interesting. You might be able to make that into a good bench gunner at a high-major level.

Even if he would perhaps have to be a sit one/play one.

But yeah, not a good team with a lot of obviously attractive options.

So you're saying that guy has never missed a three...

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
So you're saying that guy has never missed a three...

48c.jpg

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Looking up Mac McClung on Twitter, not following any of our coaches... but he does follow Rasir Bolton, Chase Allen, and MaKale Forman.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Well now. This is a significant development. Didn’t someone say he’s a better prospect than the other Stony Brook transfer, Elijah Olaniyi? Saw he committed to Miami yesterday.

Yes I am very close with someone who has played against Stony Brook and Foreman is the better player of the two. BTW I was told this before I even knew Iowa State was recruiting him. So I am not being a homer about it. Was told he has the ability to go off.