97-98 Bulls Documentary (The Last Dance)

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
BJ you done ****ed up son. LoL Hope you enjoyed that shot buddy.
I loved it when he said "BJ knew better" and went on to explain how he had to dominate him after that. I'm one who's always felt bulletin board material was overblown, but after watching these last 2 episodes I think I may have to reconsider that.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Got a new Jordan laugh gif

40xlv1.gif
"The glove"

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
The gambling/mob rumors when it happened were thick. Huge coverage.

Yeah, I could definitely see those rumors starting.

I was born in 93, so my only memories of MJ were with the Wizards. And they are very faint memories at that. We werent a NBA family.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
78-76 Hornets over Bulls? I can’t tell you the last time I’ve seen an NBA score like that.

late 2000’s. It’s why you can’t touch anybody anymore.

also why Jordan would average 40+ a game today. Half would be on free throws.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Gary Payton was a great defender for his time...but in most eras of NBA he'd have fouled out in 10 minutes playing like that. Ditto for Stockton.

Not saying they weren't great defenders who did everything they could to win, but nobody would ever be allowed to defend Curry, Harden, Durant or LeBron with that much constant contact. It would be a parade to the free throw line for any start he guarded with the same style of defense.

Players like Kobe and Jordan couldn't defend like that because nobody can play like they did on offense constantly running the ball through them and have the energy to be in physical contact on defense 100% of the time. They were great defenders opportunistically. LeBron is the same type of defender. He's incredible on D but opportunistic like any star who dominates the ball on offense has to be.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I loved it when he said "BJ knew better" and went on to explain how he had to dominate him after that. I'm one who's always felt bulletin board material was overblown, but after watching these last 2 episodes I think I may have to reconsider that.

If you use it correctly. If MJ made a big deal out of it publicly it would have felt overblown. He let things stew internally and planned tactics on how to do better the next time around.

I think sometimes he just found something too. Larry Bird was like that.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
But would Michael Jordan have sat out on a series saving play if he wasn't getting the shot?

Not defending Pippen at all. That was a stupid decision. But the size of SP's ego will always take a back seat to Jordan's.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If Jordan's on the team, he's taking the shot. No way Phil would have set this play up if Jordan was playing.

It was Jordan who kicked it out to Kerr for a game winner in '97 so there was a way that Jordan would have not taken the last shot.

OTOH I can rely on Jordan to find a shot better than Pippen in the situation where he sat out.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Not defending Pippen at all. That was a stupid decision. But the size of SP's ego will always take a back seat to Jordan's.

Well yeah, everyone's will.

My comment was more a general statement about egos you see across the board.

Heck look at the some of the issues with ISU players over the years that thought they were above being at practice.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
It was Jordan who kicked it out to Kerr for a game winner in '97 so there was a way that Jordan would have not taken the last shot.

OTOH I can rely on Jordan to find a shot better than Pippen in the situation where he sat out.

I should have clarified better. There wasn't enough time on this particular play to kick it for a different shot. It was a pass in and shoot. No way Phil draws that play up, IMO, if Jordan is on the floor. Pippen was an idiot for acting the way he did. Jordan has kicked the ball to Kerr, Paxson, and probably others when there was time and obviously the right play because they were wide open.

Help Support Us

Become a patron