YouTubeTV finally agrees with Viacom

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Ok for those of you with YTTV, did you have a few new movie channels for a couple weeks recently and then they disappeared? Don't remember the names but they had some fairly new movies on them at times. What happened to them?

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Since Viacom merged with CBS, I don't think there will be a price increase for this one. I predict most of their content will be VOD for the DVR, forcing you to watch their ads for $$. Now they only need A&E, which im sure that will bring a little bit of a price increase.

I haven’t run into any of those on YTTV. Hopefully this isn’t the start of it.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
I haven’t run into any of those on YTTV. Hopefully this isn’t the start of it.

If you watch a show past 24 hours of showtime, the CW is VOD and you can't ff through commericals. I think discovery is that way sometimes too.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
One critical add for our family down (Nickelodeon), but one still needed (Hallmark). My wife loves the Christmas movies....

Reactions: cyfanatic

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
There's really only one plot - Just buy a DVD of one at random and hit REPEAT.

I’ve tried several arguments, but finally stopped fighting the battle. It brings her enjoyment, so it is a need. I did read that the parent company of Hallmark has a stand-alone for $5/month with no contract, so buy for 2 months and cancel is a solution

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Ridiculousness for days. FTW

You can download an app called Pluto TV (basically free Viacom content) and there is a channel there that is 24/7 ridiculousness.

Also that’s a tip for anyone that wanted Viacom content. They also have a few MTV channels that are like the old MTV days of just music videos

CyState85

May 8, 2019
I was going to start a thread on this, but I’ll just post here.

I cancelled my DISH today because of weird fluctuations in my bill and countless phone calls to customer service with no explanation.

My wife and I only watch sports, Food Network, and HGTV as well as the occasional local channel for the news. Is YouTube TV the best option or is Sling, Hulu, or something else better? I know nothing about this stuff and just stuck with DISH for way too long. Regardless, I will not miss spending over $1,000 a year on TV. Thanks for your help!

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

I cancelled my DISH today because of weird fluctuations in my bill and countless phone calls to customer service with no explanation.

My wife and I only watch sports, Food Network, and HGTV as well as the occasional local channel for the news. Is YouTube TV the best option or is Sling, Hulu, or something else better? I know nothing about this stuff and just stuck with DISH for way too long. Regardless, I will not miss spending over $1,000 a year on TV. Thanks for your help!

If you sports is important I’d say sling is out. YTTV is probably going to be your choice but do the trials and find out what you like.

cyfan50438

Oct 31, 2007
Garner, IA
I had YTTV back earlier this year and had to drop it because we lost Fox Sports North and Fox Sports Midwest. Not being able to watch Twins games was a deal breaker for me (when we can watch them again)

Went to Hulu Live which has all the sports I want and has the locals too

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I had YTTV back earlier this year and had to drop it because we lost Fox Sports North and Fox Sports Midwest. Not being able to watch Twins games was a deal breaker for me (when we can watch them again)

Went to Hulu Live which has all the sports I want and has the locals too

Does Hulu live have FS Midwest? I need my Cardinals fix if baseball ever comes back?

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006

Agree with the first response to this. Do the free trials. Most stations are the same, but a few different ones. I prefer YTTV to Hula, but it's really personal preference.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Now if only AXS was on YouTube. My fav channel. Other than that the biggest problem I have with YouTube TV is you have to scroll through the entire channel listing to get to a channel. No punching in a number to jump right to it.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Now if only AXS was on YouTube. My fav channel. Other than that the biggest problem I have with YouTube TV is you have to scroll through the entire channel listing to get to a channel. No punching in a number to jump right to it.

Yes, you have to scroll, but you can arrange the order of the channels. If there are some you watch more than others, you can move them to the top.