Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
where do you shop to have 8-9 foot aisles?

Hy-Vee has space for 2 carts wide. It's just that it used to be that you had carts going both ways so you can't pass someone. Now with 1 way, there's room for carts to pass another.

Walmart has room for 2 standard carts wide to do the same. Passing the order filler people is still difficult.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Hy-Vee has space for 2 carts wide. It's just that it used to be that you had carts going both ways so you can't pass someone. Now with 1 way, there's room for carts to pass another.

Walmart has room for 2 standard carts wide to do the same. Passing the order filler people is still difficult.
Two carts side by side is <6ft apart. Unless the other person is plastered against one shelf and you're plastered against the other shelf, you're probably coming within 2 to 3ft of the person you're passing.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
I haven't been inside a grocery store in two months. We're doing everything with pickup. Sitting in the car for 20 minutes isn't great (when it does take that long), but it beats being in the store.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I haven't been inside a grocery store in two months. We're doing everything with pickup. Sitting in the car for 20 minutes isn't great (when it does take that long), but it beats being in the store.
I guess it's not so bad when you consider grocery shopping the old fashioned way takes more than 20 mins

Reactions: mywayorcyway

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Got stuck behind one a couple weeks ago that couldn’t find anything. A couple times I asked what she was looking for after a minute and would then eye it on the shelf and then we would in tandem move back and forth in the aisle so she could get it. I skipped the next aisle when I got to the end to get away from her.
I do the same thing to get away from slower shoppers but the problem is you have to skip 2 aisles and then work your way back if you need something from either of those aisles. Takes forever to shop sometimes and I’d rather just go in and get out.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Went to Home Depot today. There was a five minute wait to get in due to rationing and it was still packed. Felt pretty stupid considering I could have just ordered the dumb thing online if I thought ahead even a couple of days.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I think so. They at least get to wear polos though.

I have fond memories of stocking shelves while wearing a full shirt and tie. The dairy section ruined a few ties.
Worst summer of my life after first year of college included working at HyVee and a construction job. Mostly did overnights stocking but sometimes got pulled up to check. After some old lady chewed my ass about how expensive apples were the manager called me on phone and asked that I at least try to appear is if I do not want to murder the customers.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Worst summer of my life after first year of college included working at HyVee and a construction job. Mostly did overnights stocking but sometimes got pulled up to check. After some old lady chewed my ass about how expensive apples were the manager called me on phone and asked that I at least try to appear is if I do not want to murder the customers.

Was a busser and host at a restaurant for a couple of years. Bussing suited me just fine as hardly any interaction was needed. Show up, clean and set tables, fill some ice, etc., get tipped out very nicely. Hosting...I was lucky to hold back a few times without telling someone if they didn't like the prices, stop ****ing coming back.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

So... not a helpful smile?

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
We have a 50 mile travel policy at work. If you travel over 50 miles you are to report and self quarantine for 14 days. I don't have plans to break it but I know several employees that own boats and campers. The closest lake skiable lake is 61 miles away. I dont own a camper or boat. We only have about 80 employees. How is that going to be enforceable? Or is it just there to encourage staying home, it was initiated the middle of March.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Two carts side by side is <6ft apart. Unless the other person is plastered against one shelf and you're plastered against the other shelf, you're probably coming within 2 to 3ft of the person you're passing.

I see what you're meaning now. I guess I'm not following the 6' principle when passing. But that's why we should all be wearing masks. It's impossible to always be following that in a store.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Went to Home Depot today. There was a five minute wait to get in due to rationing and it was still packed. Felt pretty stupid considering I could have just ordered the dumb thing online if I thought ahead even a couple of days.

I've discovered that I no longer need to go into Menards to get large items. Just order online and say pick yourself and it'll print a pickup slip for the lumber yard. I was doing it wrong this whole time by going to the order desk and then going to the yard to get it.

GrappleCy

Aug 7, 2018

When did you go? I wouldn't go to a hardware store on an evening or weekend right now unless my house was about to fall down but if you head in during the week right around the time they open its not busy at all end everyone who is there is usually masked up.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

So there wasn’t a helpful smile in your isle?

Reactions: isutrevman

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Remember when the state said that around 400 Tyson employees tested positive. Turns out the actual total was over a 1000.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Just going to have to hold your breath when you walk past them, I guess. :confused:

Reactions: SpokaneCY

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
We have a 50 mile travel policy at work. If you travel over 50 miles you are to report and self quarantine for 14 days. I don't have plans to break it but I know several employees that own boats and campers. The closest lake skiable lake is 61 miles away. I dont own a camper or boat. We only have about 80 employees. How is that going to be enforceable? Or is it just there to encourage staying home, it was initiated the middle of March.

How would they even know?

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
We have a 50 mile travel policy at work. If you travel over 50 miles you are to report and self quarantine for 14 days....

One of the more weird and arbitrary management edicts I've heard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.