***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
Guys we have could likely put up similar numbers at those levels?

I've always struggled with this thinking. It assumes a high level of knowledge as to what the player can become. Alternatively, if we have a player with a 33% likelihood of succeeding at a position, I'd rather have another option than just one.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I've always struggled with this thinking. It assumes a high level of knowledge as to what the player can become.
No higher knowledge than thinking a staff missed out if they didn’t prioritize or offer a guy over others.We don’t know how any player will do. The staff should have the best info, but isn’t infallible. Imo a low level transfer has nearly the same uncertainty as a freshman.

There’s only so many scholarships so guys the staff thinks could help may not be prioritized. From afar it seems the staff should have been all over a few of these guys, but maybe they’re high on what they have and want to focus on other targets?

CyState85

May 8, 2019
I wasn’t worried a month ago when we had 4 open scholarships, but I am worried that we still have 3 open on May 6th with a sit out transfer.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I wasn’t worried a month ago when we had 4 open scholarships, but I am worried that we still have 3 open on May 6th with a sit out transfer.

Here's my prediction:

We'll land a 2nd sit out transfer before the waiver ruling comes out officially.

If shot down the GT market will perk up again and we'll sign two.

If the waiver is approved we'll sign one more and bank one for an in season transfer.

Reactions: isu83

greenec31

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2017
Roland, Iowa
These tweets were posted just a few minutes apart. Not sure if he just didnt re read the tweet or if there is more to it.

Attachments

• 6D2E88CC-EAD9-450E-9E52-938D841704FB.jpeg
    6D2E88CC-EAD9-450E-9E52-938D841704FB.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 255
  • F13934BD-DDAE-4193-A68E-01F505ED2454.jpeg
    F13934BD-DDAE-4193-A68E-01F505ED2454.jpeg
    213.2 KB · Views: 249

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
These tweets were posted just a few minutes apart. Not sure if he just didnt re read the tweet or if there is more to it.

Interesting... not expecting Perez to ISU.
Don't want to read too much into tweets but with CW comments earlier this week and it being known the 3 schools he had virtually met with yesterday Memphis, Marq and GT with no update of ISU having a virtual visit.
Guess we'll know by 5 tomorrow either way.

"Gardner-Webb transfer Jose Perez will announce his future destination on Thursday at 5:00 ET, he tells 247Sports."
https://247sports.com/college/baske...ner-Webb-College-Transfer-Decision-146875884/

ChickenNuggetMan

Drinks beer with CycloneLarry69
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2017
Minneapolis
Getting a bit worrying that we’re not reciprocating interest to some of the best transfers left when we have 3 open spots. Salnave & Perez are considered some of the best available, so if we aren’t interested in them, who?!

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Getting a bit worrying that we’re not reciprocating interest to some of the best transfers left when we have 3 open spots. Salnave & Perez are considered some of the best available, so if we aren’t interested in them, who?!

Maybe we have something in the works behind the scenes like we did with Harris. It's still only the beginning of May. I wanted both Perez and Salnave FWIW

Reactions: Sigmapolis

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Maybe we have something in the works behind the scenes like we did with Harris. It's still only the beginning of May. I wanted both Perez and Salnave FWIW

Yeah, call me optimistic but we have kept some things quiet in the past. Talley being immediately eligible for one.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013

Jalen Coleman-Lands and likely another behind the scenes we arent aware of quite yet. Matthew Bain seems to think we may be making a run at Romello White not sure if we are pursuing him or not.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Had the same thought... the urgency doesn't seem to be there for either Perez and Salnave, who I would have thought would have been worth while targets, that the staff must be confident elsewhere.

Coleman-Lands could be the next target to be looking for. I'd think he'd be close to decision if the rumors he has a top 3 favorites (TT,ISU,Indiana)

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
with 3 open scholarships and several holes in the roster, I'm sure we're "making a run" at EVERYONE. whether or not the interest in reciprocated? who knows.

and this upcoming transfer rule may put more kids on the market, but it doesn't make it more or less likely we land anyone.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
with 3 open scholarships and several holes in the roster, I'm sure we're "making a run" at EVERYONE. whether or not the interest in reciprocated? who knows.

and this upcoming transfer rule may put more kids on the market, but it doesn't make it more or less likely we land anyone.

Though I understand the thought process taking a prospect that won't move the needle won't help the program either. No more Beverly or Nixon level transfers taking time from the young guys IMO. There will be transfers late into the year, it could pay off being patient.

FWIW I was looking at the Marquette boards and their fans are luke-warm at best for taking Perez especially as a sit out.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Here's my prediction:

We'll land a 2nd sit out transfer before the waiver ruling comes out officially.

If shot down the GT market will perk up again and we'll sign two.

If the waiver is approved we'll sign one more and bank one for an in season transfer.
After losing how many?

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
per cw we aren't recruiting perez any longer

id link the tweet but id probably get banned.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
After losing how many?
Does it matter? As long as we land quality transfers, of course.

JCL won’t fill our biggest need, but he’d help. Land a pg and then we have a chance to compete imo.

Still a lot of time left to add guys. When did we cut Amardi?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron