MLB: MLB to Start Back Up on July 1?

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
That seems consistent with a 100 game regular season. I'm doubtful that every MLB team will be playing at home, though. And I doubt there will be any fans at first...

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I dunno man, I don’t think MLB is going to sit on their hands here. They want baseball to start, and i think July without fans makes sense.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Seems extremely unlikely. Especially playing in home ballparks. What happens once someone tests positive for it and that team has to quarantine for two weeks? Does that team just forfeit all games?

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Seems extremely unlikely. Especially playing in home ballparks. What happens once someone tests positive for it and that team has to quarantine for two weeks? Does that team just forfeit all games?

I image all sort of liability language will be put on tickets, with pandemic language.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
We've spent so much time afraid of dying that we've forgotten how to live.

Reactions: arobb

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

That seems much more accurate. To me any plan for a return needs to have all the games in one or two cities. A plan calling for teams to play in their home stadiums just is not going to happen this year, no chance. They need to minimize exposure to other people and that means minimizing travel. All sports leagues are struggling how to handle an infection too, what happens when you have to quarantine an entire team?

Reactions: cyfanatic

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think if baseball is back for July 4th that will boost a lot of the Country's morale.
My hope with that, is that politicians aren't turning that into throwing out a first pitch, how they fought for it, etc.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
I'm just hoping the field of dreams game will be played. Hopefully delayed to next year though. Things should be back to normal by then right?

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009

They continue playing baseball games, just like normal.

We can't freak out every time we see a positive test, that is a paralyzing mentality.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
They continue playing baseball games, just like normal.

We can't freak out every time we see a positive test, that is a paralyzing mentality.

With no quarantine of the positive player or those he came in close contact?

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
With no quarantine of the positive player or those he came in close contact?

No quarantine at all. If you quarantine every positive case and everyone that comes into contact with a positive case ,there isn't any sense in trying to open baseball back up.

I would envision a scenario where the infected player continues to play baseball through the infection. I think it's asinine to tell a healthy 22 year old professional athlete they need to live in a closet for 2 weeks when they, and likely everyone on the team around them, will be just fine.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron