Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Let me get this straight..... we're okay with dead human bodies piling up.... but not dead hog or cattle bodies??

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Just talked with a friend that works at a major employer in Des Moines that had a town hall call this afternoon. Had an exec speak about their role on Reynold's Covid task force. Apparently said very bluntly they are disappointed as there has been zero requests for freedback from the task force members and only getting announcements sent to them. Basically said the major employers in DSM metro are interacting with each other in regards to move forward as a group since Governer's office has shown no interest in feedback.
That's kinda been in line with my expectations/assumptions of how this is all going based on messaging from my company as well. We actually just sent out another email yesterday laying out the kinds of criteria we are judging for deciding on how and when to return the office... and we were told not to expect that to happen until at least July at this point in time.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
That's kinda been in line with my expectations/assumptions of how this is all going based on messaging from my company as well. We actually just sent out another email yesterday laying out the kinds of criteria we are judging for deciding on how and when to return the office... and we were told not to expect that to happen until at least July at this point in time.

Essentailly same message they got today I guess. Was told if you can work from home expect to continue to work from home for the forseeable future. Looking at potentially bringing in "critical" employees back mid summer. If they are alllowed to add more it will be very small and they will have to rotate what days in office, etc. Friend said that they personally will be working from home through at least December.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Let me get this straight..... we're okay with dead human bodies piling up.... but not dead hog or cattle bodies??

Give me a comparative body count and I'll think about it...

Oh and then you must also add in the fact that all those dead animals were going to eventually end up in those humans bellies.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Just talked with a friend that works at a major employer in Des Moines that had a town hall call this afternoon. Had an exec speak about their role on Reynold's Covid task force. Apparently said very bluntly they are disappointed as there has been zero requests for freedback from the task force members and only getting announcements sent to them. Basically said the major employers in DSM metro are interacting with each other in regards to move forward as a group since Governer's office has shown no interest in feedback.

The sooner people understand that the state's response was a public relations effort and not a serious public health crisis mitigation strategy, the better of we'll all be. People are on their own, as they mostly have been since this started.

Imagine the level of delusion it requires to take a victory lap like this in a national newspaper the very afternoon you announced your death count went up 10% in a single day.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Give me a comparative body count and I'll think about it...

Oh and then you must also add in the fact that all those dead animals were going to eventually end up in those humans bellies.

Yep, they all would have been dead in a few days no matter what. But what about Grandma and Grandpa?? They might have had another 10-15 good years.

But you're right, it's basically the same thing. :confused:

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
The sooner people understand that the state's response was a public relations effort and not a serious public health crisis mitigation strategy, the better of we'll all be. People are on their own, as they mostly have been since this started.

Imagine the level of delusion it requires to take a victory lap like this in a national newspaper the very afternoon you announced your death count went up 10% in a single day.

That's true of every government body in the world right now. Very little of this has been about accuracy and real safety. Why do you think there are prepers out there that buy bomb shelters in the middle of nowhere? Ultimately you and your families safety is up to you. And you get to decide what level of risk is appropriate for your situation.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Yep, they all would have been dead in a few days no matter what. But what about Grandma and Grandpa?? They might have had another 10-15 good years.

But you're right, it's basically the same thing. :confused:

Your grandma and grandpa can last a lot longer without food than I can. Impressive.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny

Wow, that is a bold statement to put out.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Read through the whole thing, if you haven't already. It's total fraudulence.

It's gross. It takes a shot at New York, while claiming to roll out a plan for virtual learning in our schools. At the beginning of this didn't Reynolds just recommend schools be closed and not even officially shut them down?

Reactions: Trice

clonerules

Apr 11, 2006
It’s basically a synthesized antibody that could be used both as a vaccine and a therapeutic treatment. Very similar to the blood plasma treatments being tested right now.

Sounds ideal. Is there any solid proof that it actually works in humans?
What about a time-line? Availability if it is a legit defense?

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE

Well what do you expect? This was the "plan" from the federal government. $#!% flows downstream.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Sounds ideal. Is there any solid proof that it actually works in humans?
What about a time-line? Availability if it is a legit defense?
It’s just been shown to inhibit SARS-CoV2 from replicating in labs so far. They’re not sure exactly how or why it accomplishes this yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron