***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyState85

May 8, 2019
I was hoping Forbes would be our next head coach—-originally from Iowa and has the most diverse coaching experience I’ve seen in awhile

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Or you could start entirely over going into year 6....

Not sure a team with 10 guys on scholarship (as of now) and some acknowledged at least good players (even by a Negative Nancy like you) such as Solomon Young and Rasir Bolton with a nice recruiting class coming in is "starting over."

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I think Harris would benefit from a year out so i don’t mind if he doesn’t get a waiver.
idk man, I think he's pretty built to play now. His efficiency went up as his number stayed relatively the same while losing minutes. He is a solid player, unfortunately memphis is bringing in some dudes right now.

He'd be an immense help this year, imo. That being said, any player with the right mindset would benefit from a sit out year also.

Reactions: Halincandenza

IP Guy

Jun 16, 2007
idk man, I think he's pretty built to play now. His efficiency went up as his number stayed relatively the same while losing minutes. He is a solid player, unfortunately memphis is bringing in some dudes right now.

He'd be an immense help this year, imo. That being said, any player with the right mindset would benefit from a sit out year also.

I think the benefit would not be as much about skill development (as it is with most major improvements for sit outs), but rather, having a year to learn the PG decision tree from Prohm. He could then come in and run the show better / have a much higher APG and A:TO. How that impacts Walker's PT / progression is unknown.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I think the benefit would not be as much about skill development (as it is with most major improvements for sit outs), but rather, having a year to learn the PG decision tree from Prohm. He could then come in and run the show better / have a much higher APG and A:TO. How that impacts Walker's PT / progression is unknown.
Don't disagree, I'm of the belief a sit out year is always a help if the player is willing to buckle down and train/learn at 120%.

Tyler seems like a dude who could/would benefit it. But my point was more, I don't think it would be a necessity for us to get a solid contributor on the squad because he is already there.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Has anyone heard anything on Zach Bryant from UAB since he entered the portal?

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
Well good and bad news with the grad transfer market according to Jeff Goodman’s rankings on 2 of the top 48 players are left....good news is (12) Ray Salnave and (41)
Jalen Coleman-Lands both have Iowa State interest

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
Also of the 6 sit outs in his top 48, we have been connected with 3 still available
Brown (8)
Walker (26)
Flowers(34)
Ozier (36)
Perez (39)
*Harris (43)

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Also of the 6 sit outs in his top 48, we have been connected with 3 still available
Brown (8)
Walker (26)
Flowers(34)
Ozier (36)
Perez (39)
*Harris (43)
Someone rated Ozier as better than Harris? Yikes(to that dudes opinion, not to Harris. Still happy to have him)

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
I know a lot of people think Brown can get the waiver since his coach was fired, would think AJ Walker would have the same argument

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
In the current environment, we should be targeting the best players possible regardless of their perceived eligibility. Not everyone is going to be a lock but the NCAA isn’t going to suddenly reverse their trend on waivers.