Chaundee Brown Final 4 List

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I think it's refreshing to find out who Fred's bag man was. What do you think Royce got?
24-7 babysitting was one of things RW got...Keeping him eligible was a full-time job.
BTW, this comes from a student manager that was part of the staff that got the "opportunity" to follow RW.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhoISthis

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
24-7 babysitting was one of things RW got...Keeping him eligible was a full-time job.
BTW, this comes from a student manager that was part of the staff that got the "opportunity" to follow RW.
Just curious, is that against NCAA rules?

Reactions: CTTB78

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
what did he do?
giphy.gif

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I think it's refreshing to find out who Fred's bag man was. What do you think Royce got?
Royce didn't get s*** to come here besides being able to do basically whatever he wanted. The staff bent over backwards to make him happy, but they didn't give him any benefits that would've created a case to the NCAA.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, Iowa State and similar schools like us cannot afford bag men. We can't be dropping thousands of dollars on guys for financial reasons and for the reason of the NCAA actually punishing us if we'd get caught.

Not sure if people actually knew this or heard this was a rumor, but we didn't get Rashad Vaughn because of the very fact that we would not pay him.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Royce didn't get s*** to come here besides being able to do basically whatever he wanted. The staff bent over backwards to make him happy, but they didn't give him any benefits that would've created a case to the NCAA.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, Iowa State and similar schools like us cannot afford bag men. We can't be dropping thousands of dollars on guys for financial reasons and for the reason of the NCAA actually punishing us if we'd get caught.

Not sure if people actually knew this or heard this was a rumor, but we didn't get Rashad Vaughn because of the very fact that we would not pay him.

This. Fred let Royce do whatever he could without creating violations. Things such as driving to road games ect.

The NCAA loves to punish schools like ISU to show that they're not afraid to punish....as long as you're not a blueblood.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
This. Fred let Royce do whatever he could without creating violations. Things such as driving to road games ect.

The NCAA loves to punish schools like ISU to show that they're not afraid to punish....as long as you're not a blueblood.
Exactly. We just don't have the status or the money to do such a thing. The risks severely outweigh the reward and if the NCAA would come down on a school like us, it would take years to come back from such a thing. That's not to say we're 100% clean either because almost no school is. I know we did some things with Fred, and actually almost got punished for one, but the "illegal" stuff would likely only get us a mere slap on the wrist or absolutely no penalty whatsoever because that type of stuff is done across the board.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

100% this. We all know how Royce's grandpa even drove him to the NCAA tournament, it was talked about during the Kentucky game.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
After watching the Rodman episode last night, It's a miracle he made it for that game!
100% this. We all know how Royce's grandpa even drove him to the NCAA tournament, it was talked about during the Kentucky game.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
After watching the Rodman episode last night, It's a miracle he made it for that game!
One Rodman part was kind of funny-always carrying around a Miller Lite can. Even when he drove away on a motorcycle.

(People, don't flame away saying I condone drinking and driving)

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010

ISU wasn't willing to pay him as much. UNLV simply outbid.

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
Not sure how this got derailed by paying players and Royce and Fred. If believe UNLV outbid us for Vaughn what does that say about TJ? Is he tainted? Stupid comments. My question - with Zags forward putting name in draft does that doom us for Brown? If we get him then good for CSP and Clones!

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Not sure how this got derailed by paying players and Royce and Fred. If believe UNLV outbid us for Vaughn what does that say about TJ? Is he tainted? Stupid comments. My question - with Zags forward putting name in draft does that doom us for Brown? If we get him then good for CSP and Clones!

Ever wondered why Uthoff was blocked from ISU?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Because we might be in a bidding war.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
T.J. wasn’t with UNLV at the time of the RV signing. UNLV was getting Top 50 talent almost ever year under Dave Rice. Amazing for a MWC team that rarely made the tournament.

Nov 11, 2011
T.J. wasn’t with UNLV at the time of the RV signing. UNLV was getting Top 50 talent almost ever year under Dave Rice. Amazing for a MWC team that rarely made the tournament.

UNLV can always get the recruit's family members jobs and paychecks in the local industry. That's a big plus for a lot of families that struggle.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
ISU wasn't willing to pay him as much. UNLV simply outbid.
I don't remember 100% whether it was Rashad's father, uncle, or handler, but the person with Rashad on his visit essentially asked Fred face-to-face how much we were going to pay Vaughn and Fred basically said we couldn't offer anything like that.