4-23-20 Big Board Update: Adding two names for Iowa State

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I’m not getting my hopes up till he commits lol. But Harris provides everything we need. I watched his highlight videos at Memphis and the biggest thing that popped out to me was that he has attitude. Like talk smack attitude. EXACTLY what this freaking team needs. He also looks like a leader. Haliburton type leader. Someone that’s going to be the voice to the team throughout the season. Again, exactly what this team needs. Hope we get him.

Agreed, Even if Tyler is less than an Ideal height for the back court he won't back down and has good quickness to help mitigate it. .

One of iSU's biggest issues was poor outside shooting, Tyler alone cant solve that but will help tremendously.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Yeah, he doesn't have any skills that the team needs. Who wants a player who as a sophomore averaged 8.7 points whose 59 3-pointers led the team and ranked fifth for treys made by a sophomore in school history. Oh yeah, he also made The American's All-Freshman Team after scoring in double figures 19 times and lead the team in 3-pointers made.

No way he can make a contribution to the team.
I said I’m not a fan.

Reactions: cyfan21

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
And this was done in just 20 mpg,a stat in which he was 8th on the team. With starter level minutes, he'd easily have averaged double figures.

You’re putting too much emphasis on points per game imo. DJ and Wigginton combined for a very good points/gm average, but too inefficiently, and the defense weak.
His sophomore season was better in that regard, but a 5’9” Bolton is a modest get, particularly if he needs to redshirt.

I’ll take modest at this point.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Agreed, Even if Tyler is less than an Ideal height for the back court he won't back down and has good quickness to help mitigate it. .

One of iSU's biggest issues was poor outside shooting, Tyler alone cant solve that but will help tremendously.

Watch this video - the kid never misses.
Good addition!

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006

Kid is quick, can take you off the bounce and create a shot. I am very pleased to get him. All things in short supply last year.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
What's next? Buggs and Flowers still options or does Harris take them off the table?

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Buggs would still be nice as a steadying hand at PG. I view Jackson, Bolten, and Harris more as secondary guards and scorers. I'm hoping Jackson can develop into more of a PG

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
What's next? Buggs and Flowers still options or does Harris take them off the table?
Brown and Flowers would be a great spring in regards to filing next year’s gaps, and Harris is nice flier.

If two freshmen surprise, plus Johnson is as good as hoped, it’s adding 4-5 starter types.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Brown and Flowers would be a great spring in regards to filing next year’s gaps, and Harris is nice flier.

If two freshmen surprise, plus Johnson is as good as hoped, it’s adding 4-5 starter types.

I don't think Flowers would be immediately eligible next year.
Harris took the sit out guard spot and don't expect Flowers to get an offer. Especially considering if Flower was planning on announcing and didn't have one I doubt the staff doubles back. While the NCAA could grant a waiver that would apply to Harris then too.
Plus ISU just made Perez's top 10 with Brown and .Coleman-Lands the staff is looking elsewhere.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I don't think Flowers would be immediately eligible next year.
Harris took the sit out guard spot and don't expect Flowers to get an offer. Especially considering if Flower was planning on announcing and didn't have one I doubt the staff doubles back. While the NCAA could grant a waiver that would apply to Harris then too.
Plus ISU just made Perez's top 10 with Brown and .Coleman-Lands the staff is looking elsewhere.

There’s great uncertainty as to whether anyone will need to redshirt next year and at least one MAC forum had Flowers as a GT.

Harris didn’t fill anything- frankly he’s not that type of talent. Any guard capable of playing pg is still on the table. Flowers can play both guard spots and would allow Harris to be the shooting guard off the bench role he’s suited for.

Just avoid the Nixon types and shooting guards that can’t shoot!