Tyler Harris Commits to ISU.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Reach out isn’t noteworthy in the spring. Most programs reach out to dozens of kids. And quiet is often a sign off the desired interest not being there.

That's not true at all. Some people are quiet when they go in the portal others aren't and it has nothing to do with interest. It's all based on the kid

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I bet his offensive numbers will improve even though he’ll be facing a bit stiffer competition. There was not much room to work on that Memphis team. Worse shooting team than us even.
This seems impossible.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Harris and Johnson is already much better than the Lewis, Grill and Zion trio

This is true. It’s just one step of hopefully many as one name you didn’t mention that we’re losing is Halliburton. We don’t need to necessarily have someone fill his shoes but we do need to get one more dude who can play meaningful minutes.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
We also add Dubar, Foster, Blackwell, and Walker.

Don’t disagree but I don’t think you can count on them to produce at a high level right away. I think we’d all love it if they did but it’s more likely than not that they don’t.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Don’t disagree but I don’t think you can count on them to produce at a high level right away. I think we’d all love it if they did but it’s more likely than not that they don’t.

They are much more highly rated than our last class and even more highly rated than the class before that. It’s not crazy to think that 1/4 will contribute right away. (hint: it’s going to be the 7 footer with range and elite shot blocking skills that everyone is sleeping on cuz “Prohm bad”)

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
The Coach is still Prohm

And will be for a LONG time folks, so you might as well cheer him on and wish him the best.

The athletic department will be near broke after this pandemic.... you think JP is going to be able to hire a new basketball coach? No.

So get used to it, and stop ridiculing him. It isn't going to do any good.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
They are much more highly rated than our last class and even more highly rated than the class before that. It’s not crazy to think that 1/4 will contribute right away. (hint: it’s going to be the 7 footer with range and elite shot blocking skills that everyone is sleeping on cuz “Prohm bad”)

I don’t disagree with that. I think Harris is a really good pickup, having Johnson in the wings is a great thing (although we haven’t seen him yet), and the incoming class looks really good. I still think we need one more dude though to be really competitive next year.

Reactions: heitclone

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles

You probably are looking at a 20 game season next year, maybe play 3 in state schools or something + conference.

So they are going to have to contribute, pretty quickly.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
That's not true at all. Some people are quiet when they go in the portal others aren't and it has nothing to do with interest. It's all based on the kid
It’s the Beverly had St John interest guy!

I said often, not always. And he wasn’t quiet when he went into the portal, it was quiet after.

If it’s all based on the kid, this kid was loud right away and made known teams that showed even the slightest interest. You don’t find it odd that when he committed that no other offers were mentioned, particularly given the initial tweet? Or even the “had been considering” fluff, which as we’ve seen, you can have prospects overstate that. Buggs and Flowers listed us as finalists without having offers ;-)

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It’s the Beverly had St John interest guy!

I said often, not always. And he wasn’t quiet when he went into the portal, it was quiet after.

If it’s all based on the kid, this kid was loud right away and made known teams that showed even the slightest interest. You don’t find it odd that when he committed that no other offers were mentioned, particularly given the initial tweet? Or even the “had been considering” fluff, which as we’ve seen, you can have prospects overstate that. Buggs and Flowers listed us as finalists without having offers ;-)

Just like Bolton only had us and Cincinnati after him when that wasn't close to the truth. Without visits we'll probably never know. I'm just happy we got him

Reactions: CyPunch

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Reach out isn’t noteworthy in the spring. Most programs reach out to dozens of kids. And quiet is often a sign off the desired interest not being there.

Doesn’t matter much. If Prohm thinks he can help, he likely will. Hopefully not due to ISU not being a good high major team, as some Memphis people have said. I mean, people didn’t think Nixon was a high major starter- did he prove us wrong?

I look forward to him going off some nights, stepping up when Bolton is off or the defense has taken him away. Prohm needs to know what buttons to push on the usage dynamics and when to play the hot hand. Not a strength of his imo

Ahh. Swarthy, how are you?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

There's no way this doesn't turn around unless Johnson is as advertised (not a star, but at least a viable starter, not an overmatched chucker like Nixon) and probably 2/4 of the freshman have an immediate impact, like THT and TH.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
There's no way this doesn't turn around unless Johnson is as advertised (not a star, but at least a viable starter, not an overmatched chucker like Nixon) and probably 2/4 of the freshman have an immediate impact, like THT and TH.

I’m not disagreeing with any of those points however think we also need to bring in one more immediately eligible transfer who is a dude. What I was trying to say in the post you quoted is that it would be hard for us to count on the freshmen to provide the quality production we need to make that next step. That’s all assuming Johnson is the impact player that we’ve heard about, Tyler Harris is what we think he will be and everyone on the roster takes a step forward this year.

Reactions: Sigmapolis

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

I have a feeling Dubar or Blackwell will but still feel better knowing they had to compete for the spot with someone that's had D1 experience.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
We shot 43% for the year - good for 170th of 350. Worst team shot 35.4% and the best team shot 52.5%. 3 teams total shot better than 50%. Nebraska was 323rd with 40.5%. Woof.
I thought Freddie was a good coach on shooting technique. :eek: