Mo Cheeks class. 17 yrs ago today

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Totally remember. That was 17yrs ago? Makes me remember watching random games that Dr. Jack Ramsey would call.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I didn't realize how good he was as a player as well until I started watching a bunch of basketball on ESPN classic during this corona shutdown. Dude was a pitbull

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Did she just blank on the words? I was supposed to lead the Lord's Prayer at my church when I was a teenager. For the life of me I could not remember the first word... Our. Felt like an eternity, luckily my minister said Our, and off I went. Amazing that she kept it going.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Did she just blank on the words? I was supposed to lead the Lord's Prayer at my church when I was a teenager. For the life of me I could not remember the first word... Our. Felt like an eternity, luckily my minister said Our, and off I went. Amazing that she kept it going.
Yep she had a little stage fright and he helped her out.

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
To be fair to her, our National Anthem is really horrible in many qualities that measure a song, such as range of notes (it is an octave and a half between lowest and highest notes) and the quality of the lyrics. This is largely because the lyrics were composed first, then tacked onto a terrible English drinking song. So the lyrics and melody were not composed together.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
To be fair to her, our National Anthem is really horrible in many qualities that measure a song, such as range of notes (it is an octave and a half between lowest and highest notes) and the quality of the lyrics. This is largely because the lyrics were composed first, then tacked onto a terrible English drinking song. So the lyrics and melody were not composed together.
I agree. That song sucks and they should stop singing it at sporting events. Government propaganda at it's finest.