Get your stimulus check payment

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Yeah, I didn't listen to Trump. I read the distribution schedule the IRS put out. If anyone is giving any creedence to what Trump says at this point I have some swamp land in Florida I would like to sell you.
The original point was for immediate distribution. The IRS has always said that wasn’t possible but that wasn’t the original point of the program. Now maybe the IRS doesn’t have the resources to properly execute it but the actual bill was supposed to be immediate aid.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Hmm, I don't know. Sorta. You must have missed that press conference with trumpy and the munchkin. They acted like everyone would have it in a week.
We sit here 3 1/2 years into this administration and people still take their every word as gospel?

I also don't think people understand the logistics behind getting money to let's say 200,000,000 people. They aren't just throwing this data into a pivot table and hitting send.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
We sit here 3 1/2 years into this administration and people still take their every word as gospel?

I also don't think people understand the logistics behind getting money to let's say 200,000,000 people. They aren't just throwing this data into a pivot table and hitting send.
I think your maybe misinterpreting being disappointed and being surprised. I’m not surprised this is how it’s rolled out but it is definitely disappointing.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
The original point was for immediate distribution. The IRS has always said that wasn’t possible but that wasn’t the original point of the program. Now maybe the IRS doesn’t have the resources to properly execute it but the actual bill was supposed to be immediate aid.
The original point was to get it out as soon as possible, which I'm sure they are doing. No one thought it would go out the moment Trumps pen hit the paper. I understand it is frustrating and failing for you personally because you haven't gotten yours yet, but a lot of people I know personally and people on here have indicated they have gotten it. I've seen estimates that 60 million people got the a payment on the first day it went out, and certainly many more since then. That is a good chunk of people. Heck, someone on here said they already got a check in the mail.

ESciGuy

Mar 16, 2010
Joliet, IL
I was getting the "Cannot determine eligibility" message until today, when it prompted me to enter my bank information. (I owed in 2018 and have not yet filed for 2019.) When you enter your AGI and refund/payment from your most recently filed return, truncate to the nearest dollar -- don't round. I rounded my payment the usual way, and got the message, "information provided does not match our records". Decided to truncate the number and it processed.

I don't need the money, by the way -- I just get curious about things such as this. I've already donated the entire amount I have coming.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I've been getting the same thing since the website opened up. I was able to update my account info that morning and it said I was eligible and a deposit would be made to my account with the last 4 digits listed. The page would update with a deposit date when one is available, but still no update with a date and its been a week and a half. Oh well. I'm sure something will show up eventually.

hiltonisheaven

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Same here.
Same for me. Filed my 2019 taxes on 4/13, website updated today, 4/24. So if you recently filed your taxes you might need to wait 2 weeks for processing. Entered my bank acct information today so I’ll assume similar 2 weeks for processing the payment.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I still haven't filed 2019 but it did let me enter DD info today.

I have a lot of clients to call now to tell them to try it again.

Cybball37

Dec 11, 2015
Central Iowa
I've been getting the same thing since the website opened up. I was able to update my account info that morning and it said I was eligible and a deposit would be made to my account with the last 4 digits listed. The page would update with a deposit date when one is available, but still no update with a date and its been a week and a half. Oh well. I'm sure something will show up eventually.
My exact situation to a T.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I was getting the "Cannot determine eligibility" message until today, when it prompted me to enter my bank information. (I owed in 2018 and have not yet filed for 2019.) When you enter your AGI and refund/payment from your most recently filed return, truncate to the nearest dollar -- don't round. I rounded my payment the usual way, and got the message, "information provided does not match our records". Decided to truncate the number and it processed.

I don't need the money, by the way -- I just get curious about things such as this. I've already donated the entire amount I have coming.
Today I finally stopped getting that "Cannot determine eligibility" message.

The message said I was eligible but they needed my dd info. I gave them account info as well as my previous AGI and amount we owed for our last filing. The site will update our payment date once it is available.

Progress at least. This was a huge undertaking and I am glad this was done. I know it has not been perfect but it seems they are doing the best with the resources available. Going forward some better funding for the IRS and other government programs might be a good idea.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Summarizing the CARES Act:
C: Coronavirus - nope, don't have that.
A: Aid -nope
R: Relief - nope
ES: Economic Security - nope, don't have this either.

:(

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Got a “you’re welcome” letter in the mail with Fat Don’s signature on it today... I’m guessing this is so all us plebs with direct deposit would know who the money came from?

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
Got a “you’re welcome” letter in the mail with Fat Don’s signature on it today... I’m guessing this is so all us plebs with direct deposit would know who the money came from?

Got the same thing. Cant wait to frame it and put it up in my office.