Kerwin Walton-high school
Brendan Barry-grad transfer
Justin Kier-grad transfer
Darius Perry-grad transfer
Courvoisier McCauley-sit out transfer
Tahj Eaddy-grad transfer
Tyrese Martin-sit out transfer

Am I missing anyone?

It seems like we are on the same list of schools on 75% of those. I keep thinking man, they have to run out of scholarships, but it just keeps going!

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Prohm might as well offer Buggs and/or Flowers. Highly likely he won’t get anyone better.
Maybe I’m crazy, but we’d have a chance to be okay with those two, assuming they’re both GTs. Both have good assist rates, Flowers can shoot. Both are good culture guys (I thought Nixon would add some toughness so what do I know). Flowers in particular gives us great flexibility.

If Jackson improves like freshman tend to do, we’d have 4 competent guards imo, 3 that can shoot. Plus whatever Walker gives.

We’d have a lot more options on the wing or 3rd guard role, which this year was sparse.

Multiple looks at the 4.

Shooter lineup:
Flowers
Jackson
Bolton
Johnson/Dubar
Foster

Bigger lineup:
Flowers
Bolton
Dubar
Johnson
Young/Conditt.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Maybe I’m crazy, but we’d have a chance to be okay with those two, assuming they’re both GTs. Both have good assist rates, Flowers can shoot. Both are good culture guys (I thought Nixon would add some toughness so what do I know). Flowers in particular gives us great flexibility.

If Jackson improves like freshman tend to do, we’d have 4 competent guards imo, 3 that can shoot. Plus whatever Walker gives.

We’d have a lot more options on the wing or 3rd guard role, which this year was sparse.

Multiple looks at the 4.

Shooter lineup:
Flowers
Jackson
Bolton
Johnson/Dubar
Foster

Bigger lineup:
Flowers
Bolton
Dubar
Johnson
Young/Conditt.
Woof.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I think Tyler Harris would be a big pickup for us, especially if immediately eligible. Clearly a kid that we had interest in before (and had interest in us), and he's proven his ability at this level.
My only worry with Harris is we would have 3 small guards in him, Bolton, and Jackson but if they can all fill it up I guess who cares. I'd definitely rather have him than a GT from a lower level.

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
Some interesting change about the possible transfer rule:

It would be helpful to get someone before that change happens. I know randy said the players we have are solid, but I worry about things looking too bleak and an easy opportunity to transfer out.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
My only worry with Harris is we would have 3 small guards in him, Bolton, and Jackson but if they can all fill it up I guess who cares. I'd definitely rather have him than a GT from a lower level.

This won't be popular but if we are able to bring a couple of guys like this who play ahead of him, I don't see Jackson sticking around. He'd be behind Bolton, Harris and whomever is playing PG, for at least a year, probably 2, I don't see him waiting around to start until he's a senior. The elephant in the room this offseason is that he's being recruitied over bc he's not a PG, essentially every player we've been linked to would push him to the bench or at the very least take minutes away from him. He'll have to beat out guys like Bolton, Dubar. Johnson and the incoming transfers or prove he can play PG, we saw nothing from his last year that would indicate that's likely, it would take huge strides from him this offseason. If he's coming off the bench heading into 21/22, I'd expect him to take advantage of the transfer rule and go somewhere he could start.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
This won't be popular but if we are able to bring a couple of guys like this who play ahead of him, I don't see Jackson sticking around. He'd be behind Bolton, Harris and whomever is playing PG, for at least a year, probably 2, I don't see him waiting around to start until he's a senior. The elephant in the room this offseason is that he's being recruitied over bc he's not a PG, essentially every player we've been linked to would push him to the bench or at the very least take minutes away from him. He'll have to beat out guys like Bolton, Dubar. Johnson and the incoming transfers or prove he can play PG, we saw nothing from his last year that would indicate that's likely, it would take huge strides from him this offseason. If he's coming off the bench heading into 21/22, I'd expect him to take advantage of the transfer rule and go somewhere he could start.
To me Harris and Jackson are pretty much a wash, Harris a better offensive player , Jackson a better defensive player and Jackson is a little bit bigger

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Nearly everyone is a transfer risk. I don’t think Jackson is too much more than normal.

Is it an elephant in the room? Arguably the opposite. We only have two other guards on the roster! One of which is a freshman who’s likely not ahead and who also has the length to play the wing. Of course we’re looking at guards. Yet, with Jackson as the top pg candidate on the roster, we’re more focused on off guards and scoring guards.

The fact we’re not jumping at offering Buggs or Flowers says they’re comfortable in Jackson at pg. Why would be behind Harris? Jackson has more pathways to starting than Harris imo

Reactions: heitclone

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
To me Harris and Jackson are pretty much a wash, Harris a better offensive player , Jackson a better defensive player and Jackson is a little bit bigger
I’d give the nod to Jackson, at least in terms of starting. Jackson at pg isn’t the dominant playmaker we all hope for, but Jackson can be a pg imo. As a year older, Harris is further behind in showing those skills imo.

That’s not to say Harris can’t be a more prominent contributor. Similar to Wigginton not starting, but having high usage and minutes played.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Nearly everyone is a transfer risk. I don’t think Jackson is too much more than normal.

Is it an elephant in the room? Arguably the opposite. We only have two other guards on the roster! One of which is a freshman who’s likely not ahead and who also has the length to play the wing. Of course we’re looking at guards. Yet, with Jackson as the top pg candidate on the roster, we’re more focused on off guards and scoring guards.

The fact we’re not jumping at offering Buggs or Flowers says they’re comfortable in Jackson at pg. Why would be behind Harris? Jackson has more pathways to starting than Harris imo

See I don't think its Jackson that Prohm will play at PG if we don't sign one, I think it'll be Bolton. I think the only way Jackson plays PG is if we bring in a couple really good scoring guard/wings. If we don't bring in those type of guys, I think Prohm will want the ball in Bolton's hands as much as possible. Again, I didn't see anything from Jackson that showed he can be a lead guard last season. He looks like a Donovan Jackson type, SG in a PG body.